Husky 2100 HELP!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpankratz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I need some help on my Husqvarna 2100. I want to eventually start a restoration on this saw, but I can NOT get the damn thing running. I don't want to restore something that doesn't run... It has a strong spark, I have rebuilt the carb, 2 times. Soaked it in carb dip overnight. Compression is good. Replaced both crank seals. Nothing, will NOT start. I don't understand does anyone have any tips or tricks? The only thing I can think of is that it does not have a muffler. I dont really want to throw a muffler at it if I can't even get it running, but maybe it needs a muffler to run?

I need some help on my Husqvarna 2100. I want to eventually start a restoration on this saw, but I can NOT get the damn thing running. I don't want to restore something that doesn't run... It has a strong spark, I have rebuilt the carb, 2 times. Soaked it in carb dip overnight. Compression is good. Replaced both crank seals. Nothing, will NOT start. I don't understand does anyone have any tips or tricks? The only thing I can think of is that it does not have a muffler. I dont really want to throw a muffler at it if I can't even get it running, but maybe it needs a muffler to run?
Might want to check the flywheel key, may have sheared and gone out of time. Should fire without the muffler.

95% of the time when a guy rebuilds a 2100 carb he doesn't hook the metering diaphragm to the metering lever or has the metering lever set way to high causing a flood condition.

Might want to check the flywheel key, may have sheared and gone out of time. Should fire without the muffler.
I forgot to mention, that was one of my other problems but the key has been replaced. My timing could still be out though. There is some adjustment on the (stator?) Do you know where to set it?

95% of the time when a guy rebuilds a 2100 carb he doesn't hook the metering diaphragm to the metering lever or has the metering lever set way to high causing a flood condition.
I will check again. It is definitely not flooding. Maybe it's not getting any fuel?

I'm totally lost with this thing. I'm seriously ready to let it go to someone who will be able to figure it out. I checked the carb, everything looks fine. Pulled the cylinder off, the piston was quite tight on the connecting rod. I filed the piston down and freed everything up? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention, that was one of my other problems but the key has been replaced. My timing could still be out though. There is some adjustment on the (stator?) Do you know where to set it?
There is no "stator ", there is a coil and no adjustment. If you confirmed spark and get no pop after a prime ( small amount of fuel squirted into the carb, you have other possible issues. Confirm spark, confirm compression, add fuel, run it.keep us posted.

I can get it to pop on ether, not super consistent though. It has good compression, has spark,

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

There is no kill switch installed at the moment. The wire is not grounding. Ive checked this already.

Using starting fluid is a bad idea, especially on a newly installed piston. Ether contains no lubricant and you will trash your piston cylinder combo in short order. Use mix fuel only. Any comp. Numbers? Anything below 100 is a no go.
I will get some numbers this coming week.

The coil may not be producing enough juice, or the timing may still be wrong. Carb is still the most likely culprit tho

How would the timing be wrong?

Sent from my POS Samsung using this POS Tapatalk app.

If the 2100 is like my 288 (coil and magneto) then I'm not sure a dying component could affect the timing. But when modern coils fail, they can produce faulty timing. A dying coil can make a spark that is inadequate to run well.

Latest posts

Back