Husky 257 Collar Issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgb84

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've been checkin' out the forums for a long time and finally decided to join. I've recently acquired an older Husky 257 from my dad. I talked to a small engine shop that said it was a good one because the case is magnesium instead of plastic. The saw runs and has great compression but is missing the choke assembly and the black piece that sits behind the carb. I googled a parts diagram and it seems to be a sealing collar. Its a square plastic piece that sits up kinda against the engine block by the manifold. Its not completely missing, but it looks to be broken in half so the top part is loose inside the cover. Is it imperative for it to be ran with the collar on or could I limb a few trees without hurting the saw? Is this a repair that I can make myself without having to take off too many parts? I am fairly small engine saavy but not much more than carb kit installs etc.

Thanks for your time,

Dustin

The black thing is a plastic wall to keep engine heat from reaching carb and causing vapor lock.Wont hurt your saw running with the broke plastic,just maybe just hardre to start when hot.To install a new one,just unscrew the bolts holding the carb and insert it over
the carb flange with new gaskets if possible.

Back