Husky 262XP value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$250 - $300. Sounds like alot, but you can't get a new saw that comes close to the 262 until you're in the mid $500 range. Post pics when you get it.

That is USD in the US, and mid 500s is still too low........:popcorn::givebeer:

AFAIK, the new MS362 is over 700, and loose on both power and weight, to the 262xp!

Last edited:
That is USD in the US, and mid 500s is still too low........:popcorn::givebeer:

AFAIK, the new MS362 is over 700, and loose on both power and weight, to the 262xp!

It was just a guess, as I know there are some good Dolmar saws out there. They're not popular around here, and I know nothing about them.

Either way, I still think $300 is probably fair money for a nice 262.

I tried one out earlier this year that a dealer friend of mine had. It was about as mint as they come, barely broken in. He priced it to me for 375.00... I didn't keep it, and he sold it for 475.00. He's had 2 others recently, both were nice, nothing like the first one though. One brought 325 and the other 340.

Don't even let the animals out when you come home with the saw, get the camera first and post some photos!

I would gladly pay $400.-$500. for a real clean low hour 262XP, you heard me though, real clean. It'd be money better spent than on some newer models out there.

Oh, I might pay $350 for one.......:monkey:

DSCN1789.jpg

:cheers:
Mike

Around here ya flat out cannot find one unless it has been beat down to the point it cannot be rebuilt.

If ya find a good one, snag it!

It ain't like parts are growing on trees, and the good ones just keep getting to be fewer, as new saws get to be more and more porky and weak in the poop.

300 bucks is a steal!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

good deal on that saw for sure i e mailed him for history.

That does look like a good deal for that saw. You know if Bootsie or dancan make a thread asking about a saw there must be something forsale on the local kijiji :greenchainsaw:

Down here in Ytown there are not many good deals popping up

You got it Country, but keep the price on the DL. I told I would take it. I am waiting for a reply. I am really close so I can pick it up easily. Even if it is in less than stellar condition I can still make something great out of it. I will let you all know tomorrow if I am the proud owner of a 262XP.

i have a lot less than $300 in mine. it had a few minor things such as the fuel vent, a new decal, fuel line and filter, an AV bolt and a deflector on the muffler, and i had to clean the cylinder and replace the P/C. i would not take a penny less than $400. it really is a very nice saw. it is light (relatively-13lbs PHO) and a lot of power for the displacement. i don't think it is a smooth as a 357/359, but not to a bothersome level.

Back