Husky 268

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD-tech-NH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I stumped an oak tree on his new property today. He had told me that his buddy gave him an old saw. It is a huskvarna 268 with a johnsered cover for the recoil start and a 20" bar. i was impressed with the power of this saw. Does anyone know anything about these?

good saw.

same chassis as the 272xp. only reason i won't own oneis because you have to remove three screws to get to the air filter.otherwise,they are excellent.

Yes, 268 and 268 xp's are nice saws. Outboard clutch. Interchangeable cylinder with 272xp. The air filter doesn't really get dirty often enough that unscrewing the 3 screws is that big of a deal. Replacement parts are cheap and easy to find.

I'm not totally sure but I think the platform of the 268 is based on the old Husky 162(?) and several Jonsereds (the 630 and 670) are also based on that platform so many parts are interchangeable.

Jonsereds are basically Husqvarna saws. There are some minor differences. When you want to know how big a husky is look at the last 2 numbers That is usually the cc's or very close to it.

Scott

Back