Husky 335xpt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidsinatree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 335xpt is about 3 years old, I did buy it new. It ran good for about the first 2 years, then it has started acting unpredictable to say the least. Cold & hot starts are ok but it wants to die alot after idling for a few seconds after making a cut. Its driving me nuts having to restart it up in the tree so often. I have adjusted the carb jets many times with no real progress. I'm about ready to take it to a husky shop. Before I do I thought I would check here for some thoughts on what the problems could be. Also when servicing the saw tonight I noticed a dime sized hole in the air filter...it was not a burn hole. Hole was not there last time it was serviced.Anyone have problems with these mesh screen filters. I really like this saw when its running good.

I bought a new husky 44 rancher in about 1985 and that saw has been BULLET PROOF. Thats part of the reason I stayed with husky on my 335 purchase, but it seams to be far from being bullet proof. Any ideas before I can it.......and buy an echo trim saw. I don't like the feel of the ms400t and the price is even worse.

I'd check for an air leak, and just put the 335 over in a corner for something to play with on a rainy day. Go for the Echo.

David, The 335's reputation is less than inspiring (an unusual thing for a Husky). Before you chase a million different potential glitches change the fuel filter.

I concur -
Change the fuel filter
Get a new air filter
Check the screen on the muffler - they plug up easily if running too rich.

I have one that is about two years old, and have had no trouble with it.

The ms200 is a great saw as well, but a bit rich for my blood.

The echo ain't a bad little unit...

I pulled the carb on my 335 for cleaning. I did notice a small amount of contamination throughout inside the carb. The filter & line was clear of obstruction. I'm thinking the contamination is from my old steel gas can, I think i'll have to retire it and start using a plastic can.
My ?? is, what is the factory settings for the H & low speed jets. I know this may not be the final setting but its a good starting point.

Thanks
David

I fight with mine frequently, It is a ???? finicky saw in the fuel delivery area. gotta have real clean fuel, fuel filter, air filter, drill another hole in the muffler and even then it will just weird out. I still have to sneak up on mine sometimes when it idling, hard to get the low screw in thte right spot it seems. :umpkin:

Latest posts

Back