Husky 345 vs. Stihl MS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vernon Tull

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For those of us who wouldn't use a big, savage, beast of a professional saw that much, how about this for a comparison? The Husq 345 and the Stihl 250 are very comparable on weight, power, and somewhat on price. Do any of you know enough about these two models to speculate on which one comes out ahead for homeowner work? I've owned a 025, but never a Husky 345. Thanks.

If you are able to locate a 250 without the "C" and/or other suffixes, it is mainly a question of dealer support and personal preference.

To be honest, I would not like to recommend any of those models.
Get the Husky 350, and don't look back. I don't think that it will cost that much more.

HiOctane said:
Like SawTroll said,look for dealer support first .But my first choice would be Husky over Stihl .

Depends were you are.

Here you would deffinitely go Stihl and Jonsered.

Huskies dealer organisation in this neck of the woods is 1/2 ars.

Lobo said:
Depends were you are.

Here you would deffinitely go Stihl and Jonsered.

Huskies dealer organisation in this neck of the woods is 1/2 ars.
Jred 2145/2150 is basically the same saws as Husky 345/350, so the options is still there...

Had a 250 that barely oiled and was very hard to start. Wouldn't recommend. But if you search, you will find many ppl have had good luck theirs.

Sawtroll, I have been running a 345 with 18" bar for four years and could not be happier. Certainly not as rugged as the 350 (which our distibutor does not bring in) but it is light, has all the power I need and is reliable as gravity. What more does a weekend warrior need :laugh:

SawTroll said:
Jred 2145/2150 is basically the same saws as Husky 345/350, so the options is still there...
/QUOTE]

Better looking saws too than the huskies in their red and black colors.

Latest posts

Back