Husky 350 3/8" pitch upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthaug

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a rim and drum drive sprocket and a windsor 3/8" .058 gauge b band c. Everything fit after adjuster screw whole modification but the oiler holes don't line up is there an inside oiler/ bar plate from another husky saw that fits the 350 that would realign them and properly oil the chain or do I have to slot the oil port in the bar? I wanna go 3/8" so I could save money by buying 3/8" pitch reels of chain since my other saws run .058 gauge full comp. And I plan on porting the exhaust and intake to increase chain speed and handle larger kerf chain.:greenchainsaw:

"Doh!" - H. Simpson
"Back to the ol' drawing board." W. E. Coyote

Anybody want a 16" Windsor speedtip bar and 3/8 .08 Woodland Pro 38RC chain for $25 (paid $55 new)? I'll even throw in the r and d sprocket for another $5 (paid $14).:dizzy::stupid:

Why do you want to run 3/8" on a small saw like the 350??????????

You will have much more use for the saw if put a bar and chain on it that it can actually handle.

Power and bar length/pitch must ad up. A 350 is NOT a big saw!

Why do you want to run 3/8" on a small saw like the 350??????????

You will have much more use for the saw if put a bar and chain on it that it can actually handle.

Power and bar length/pitch must ad up. A 350 is NOT a big saw!

Hey noodle brain, if you read the original post you would know the answer to your own question. Trying to keep things simple since my 357 and 372 both run 3/8 .058. I was looking for help not to get made fun of. So all you guys who have more time to spend on the computer than on your saws can get lost or go find work.:angry2:

Hey XXXXXX , if you read the original post you would know the answer to your own question. Trying to keep things simple since my 357 and 372 both run 3/8 .058. I was looking for help not to get made fun of. So all you guys who have more time to spend on the computer than on your saws can get lost or go find work.:angry2:

Name calling doesn't do any good! :mad:

We just tried to warn you against something we think is a bad idea, despite your reasons for wanting to do it - I didn't see anyone laughing or making fun of you!

Last edited:
Hi worthaug

I'm not making fun of you!

Iwas trying to advice you not to put a 3/8" on a 350. You will have a much better cutting saw if you stik to .325" or maybee 3/8" lowprofile.

It is possible for you to get a 3/8" bar that fits your saw but it is not a good idea. That whats I'm telling you.

And by the way I NEVER make fun of people in forums. I advice, stake my opinion or just dont post!

I couldnt find any numbers on the chain, but Ill check this week when I get back to the saw shop.
Here is a picture of the .325 compared to some 3/8ths skip I found on the rack
attachment.php

A 7 tooth 0.325 pulls 2.275 inches of chain per revolution.

A 7 tooth 3/8ths pulls 2.625 inches of chain per revolution.

Switching from a .325 to 3/8ths increases the "gearing" by 15%. It's not a huge change, and for the convenience of only needing to keep 3/8ths chain, it may be a worthwhile switch.

I thought every body was running 3/8 pitch on their 346's and up?
It makes me wonder why Stihl and husky don't make this standard.
It's probably a safety chain thing.
Gypo

Hey noodle brain, if you read the original post you would know the answer to your own question. Trying to keep things simple since my 357 and 372 both run 3/8 .058. I was looking for help not to get made fun of. So all you guys who have more time to spend on the computer than on your saws can get lost or go find work.:angry2:

WH, trying to convince 80% of members here to switch to 3/8 on a 50cc saw is almost as hard as trying to convince them to run a 16" bar when that's all they need, but hey, it's their saw and they can do what they want.
Gypo

Back