husky 350 always adjusting oil????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derag2

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
do you always have to adjust the oil flow on the husky 350 or can you just leave it. I don't really see why id have to adjust it since the cheaper saws without adjustment do just fine, but i've found one thats new that i can get cheaper than the 345 i was looking at. So do you always have to adjust and are they preset for an all around good flow from the factory or not?

Thanks.

just crank it up flat out and forget about it, your fuel will still run out before the oil if they are both full, then just top both the tanks up.
If you aren't quite sure which way to turn the screw just run it without the bar and chain, give it some revs and watch how much comes out.
There is a mark printed on the plastic telling you which way to go, but it wasn't that easy to understand as its 90 degrees out to the direction of the oil screw.

You don't need a adjustable oiler, its just one of those features that may sell one saw over another. Typically, a non-adjustable oiler puts out the same oil as an adjustable on high.
If you have an adjustable oiler, you might want to set it like this:
Milling--high
Firewood--1/2
Occasional use--low
For milling you may even want a high output oiler, or second auxiliary oiler mounted on the tip.
If you encounter excessive wear at lower settings, you're probably running the saw too dull. A sharp saw cuts with almost no pressure and needs less oil.
Personally, I don't want a lot of extra oil spraying around in the air I'm breathing.

sounds to me like i really won't ever even need an adjustable oiler.......... Maybe i'll just got with my original decision on the 345 and color it done....... I missed the bid on the 350 anyway,

either way i wouldn't choose the 350 over the 345 just because it has the adjustable oiler or even the decomp button (i never use it), i'd choose it because it has more power and is the same body.

Latest posts

Back