Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max said:
No apology needed. I was just wondering what may have jaded you about that saw. One of my saws is a 340 for around the home & small stuff, works fine.
I have the Stihl MS260 for that displacement range. At about $700.00 CAD it is not cheap, but nice to use. As a Mechanical engineer I tend to over-scrutinize machines a bit. (Even found a flaw with my Lexus). The 340 was a nicer saw than the 350. Cheers.

Simonizer said:
I have the Stihl MS260 for that displacement range. At about $700.00 CAD it is not cheap, but nice to use. As a Mechanical engineer I tend to over-scrutinize machines a bit. (Even found a flaw with my Lexus). The 340 was a nicer saw than the 350. Cheers.

OK I will bite but, expensive saws and cars aside...

Why do you dislike the 350 and like the 340?
They share most of the same parts and the 350 has more to offer option wise ie: decomp, metal front bar, adjustable oiler, a tad more power, smoother operation to name a few. What gives with you and the 350?

scotchguy said:
Anyway, the trick with the small Husky is to turn off the choke at the very faintest suggestion of it firing.
I can attest to that regarding my 353, and when cold it is a good idea to push the choke in after 3-4 pulls, even if it hasn't fired. Usually it fires in that number of pulls though.

Max said:
Why do you dislike the 350 and like the 340?
They share most of the same parts and the 350 has more to offer option wise ie: decomp, metal front bar, adjustable oiler, a tad more power, smoother operation to name a few. What gives with you and the 350?
Very good question, Simons statements in this tread is not logic to me either. :confused:

I just purchased the 350 after a few good recommendations on this site. So far i love it. It has plenty of power, cuts smooth and starts very easy.

I have used mine for cutting down 14" dia trees, all kinds of branches and cutting up logs for firewood. For the price this saw seems perfect for what you are using it for. I wouldn't be scared of it one bit. Are there better saws? sure, but for recreational land work you can't beat the price and performance.

I agree Semi.

You have a fine saw & congats on getting it new.

I have a 340, and feel it is a great all around saw for what I use it for.

Keep the chain sharp and be safe.

Latest posts

Back