Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, put the degree wheel on the hyway 45mm kit today. I got 103, 122, and 70 for stock timing #'s. Which isn't terrible. What was interesting was the squish. 65 thou. Compression was 145 ... and the combustion chamber looks quite small, and the squish band stock is quite wide, nearly 1cm. So if I get the squish down to .020.... the compression should go WAY up. THEN I gotta adjust timing ...

Ya know....when I bought these hyway kits I knew a lot less about 350s. ...I'm looking at this hyway kit with fresh eyes....the casting is kinda rough....but I think it'll turn out awesome....willing to bet I'll get 200 psi without too much trouble....let's see :)

I did read that. It was great. A lot of it is above my head. Timing, transfer ports, velocity vs volume of fuel mix, makes my head hurt. But I have read this and that thread thru a couple of times each abd learn something new each time. Thanks guys.
I am still uncertain what squish is, will someone explain?

Well, I picked up a 350 to play with. Top cover says 49cc so I assume it's open port . Comp is 60 decomp in or out. Haven't looked at anything else, other than spark. Spark is good. Once I tear down I'll see how P&C look.

likely there's an air leak... and likely you'll need a new P&C. Calee, as to NOT thread jack ya with my project, I'll be moving future comments on my hyway project over to the main husky 350 thread that you mentioned above. feel free to post questions about your project here, but if anyone wants to know whats going on with mine, i'll be in the main thread....

likely there's an air leak... and likely you'll need a new P&C. Calee, as to NOT thread jack ya with my project, I'll be moving future comments on my hyway project over to the main husky 350 thread that you mentioned above. feel free to post questions about your project here, but if anyone wants to know whats going on with mine, i'll be in the main thread....
Your probably correct. I'll do a pressure/vac test but plan to replace seals and likely bearings. Might look at a meteor kit which I believe is 45 mm and closed port. I take it you like the Hutzl kit which I think is somewhat cheaper.

I'm playing with the hyway kit now. The squish band is quite wide to start, so I think we'll end up with some pretty high compression w/o modding that part further. The squish itself appears to be way loosey goosey stock. Should really rock when modded properly. I have not had a hutzl kit... only the hyway, and the 3r kit from ebay. So far, the one I'm taking the "furthest" with modding is the hyway kit. I just got the degree wheel so that's been the limiting factor, oh, and the ambition. :)

Not sure i'd go for the meteor kit.... at $175 you are almost to a $200 stock 346xp P&C from spike60... i'd go w/ something around $100 or the $200 kit if you are going fully nutso... the meteor kit is somewhere in between...

Problem is, if you get a $200 kit from spike 60, you can easily spend $50 on the parts saw, then another $100-150 on other parts! suddenly you have a $400+ saw not counting labor. True the saw will be a nice lightweight limber / sleeper... but ...well...you know.

Latest posts

Back