Husky 353 E-tech impressions...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opening the muffler on my 137 made a HUGE difference to it. I'm going to race my buddies 51 with it:msp_biggrin:. Problem is the saw is cheap and doesnt take full time use very long.I'm waiting for it to blow up for my new 346xp purchase but the thing keeps screaming:wink2:.No I won't lean it out to blow it up--but have thought about it:D

Don't wait too long with getting the 346xp, they are already replaced by the 550xp here.....

Over spent to many times already. Now I live a little closer to what I need , not what I want:laugh:. But now I think waiting for 550xp may be better??Canada will get it around 2014 I'm sure & be priced 40% higher than US saw

The 545 is replacing it and yes it's
Autotuned :) About the same weight but looks like a smaller 555 and has a better powerband while not drinking the fuel like crazy.

Over spent to many times already. Now I live a little closer to what I need , not what I want:laugh:. But now I think waiting for 550xp may be better??Canada will get it around 2014 I'm sure & be priced 40% higher than US saw

More than likely 2014, but in the interm look at the cost comparison bwtween the US and Canada with the 555 and the 562, MSRP difference is about 12%, the times are a changing.

Besides who cares we still have 2011 and 2012 real 365`s and 372`s!

The 545 is replacing it and yes it's
Autotuned :) About the same weight but looks like a smaller 555 and has a better powerband while not drinking the fuel like crazy.

So is it worth the wait and cost diff. over the 353?

So is it worth the wait and cost diff. over the 353?

That's not a call I can make honestly. The 353 is an awesome saw. I would imagine the 545 is going to come out ready to rock and roll as the technology going into it won't be brand new but rather refined and proven already. I would probably wait, the new style ergonomics, technology, and fuel savings are worth it to me. I'm holding out for the 550xp, main reason I don't have a 346xp right now. As good as the new saw might be, the 353 is and always will be a great, reliable, durable, proven, trusted saw.

I was looking inside a 359e muffler today. Could they make the holes in the plate any smaller??

i guess they could go down to nano technology and have little nano bots that open and close the holes as needed. but then youd have a saw that costs over $1,000,000.

More than likely 2014, but in the interm look at the cost comparison bwtween the US and Canada with the 555 and the 562, MSRP difference is about 12%, the times are a changing.

Besides who cares we still have 2011 and 2012 real 365`s and 372`s!

The 550xp has replaced the 346xp here.

Back