Husky 365, deep well spline tool?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I cut all the plastic limiter action off the carb adjustment screws here (walbro carb, 365sp), and I have a splined tool, but the barrel on the tool is not deep enough. I see you can just cut the screw off, but just wondering if anyone makes a proper tool that will reach down there and grab the splines. This would leave you the option of splined tool or normal slotted carb screwdriver.

TIA

attachment.php

I bought a 372 where someone had completely cut the limiters off. You couldn't keep a screwdriver in the slot to save your neck when the chainsaw was running.

I bought new limiters and cut the tabs off them. I installed the new limiters and they provided a giude for the screw driver and a air seal for the fixed guide.

I bought a 372 where someone had completely cut the limiters off. You couldn't keep a screwdriver in the slot to save your neck when the chainsaw was running.

I bought new limiters and cut the tabs off them. I installed the new limiters and they provided a giude for the screw driver and a air seal for the fixed guide.

This is probably your best bet. Otherwise, I'd just cut the the needles (right where they taper down) with a dremel tool and a reinforced cutting wheel. Then your splined tool will work fine. Cut a shallow groove on the 'new' face of the screws and fill 'em with white grease pencil for a reference point.

This is probably your best bet. Otherwise, I'd just cut the the needles (right where they taper down) with a dremel tool and a reinforced cutting wheel. Then your splined tool will work fine. Cut a shallow groove on the 'new' face of the screws and fill 'em with white grease pencil for a reference point.

That sounds like a winner.I just went out and checked my xpw as long as I have it apart and never noticed the splines.It is a ##### trying to get a srcewdriver in the slots and adjust when running.I will cut mine off tonight as long as I have the spilned tool already:laugh:

Back