Husky 365, deep well spline tool?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
I cut all the plastic limiter action off the carb adjustment screws here (walbro carb, 365sp), and I have a splined tool, but the barrel on the tool is not deep enough. I see you can just cut the screw off, but just wondering if anyone makes a proper tool that will reach down there and grab the splines. This would leave you the option of splined tool or normal slotted carb screwdriver.

TIA

attachment.php

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
I bought a 372 where someone had completely cut the limiters off. You couldn't keep a screwdriver in the slot to save your neck when the chainsaw was running.

I bought new limiters and cut the tabs off them. I installed the new limiters and they provided a giude for the screw driver and a air seal for the fixed guide.

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
I bought a 372 where someone had completely cut the limiters off. You couldn't keep a screwdriver in the slot to save your neck when the chainsaw was running.

I bought new limiters and cut the tabs off them. I installed the new limiters and they provided a giude for the screw driver and a air seal for the fixed guide.

This is probably your best bet. Otherwise, I'd just cut the the needles (right where they taper down) with a dremel tool and a reinforced cutting wheel. Then your splined tool will work fine. Cut a shallow groove on the 'new' face of the screws and fill 'em with white grease pencil for a reference point.

woodyman

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
This is probably your best bet. Otherwise, I'd just cut the the needles (right where they taper down) with a dremel tool and a reinforced cutting wheel. Then your splined tool will work fine. Cut a shallow groove on the 'new' face of the screws and fill 'em with white grease pencil for a reference point.

That sounds like a winner.I just went out and checked my xpw as long as I have it apart and never noticed the splines.It is a ##### trying to get a srcewdriver in the slots and adjust when running.I will cut mine off tonight as long as I have the spilned tool already:laugh:

Latest posts