husky 365 special info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sre09

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just got a good 365 special and i want to know what are weak spots and also what are first place to an air leak to appear on this chainsaw. How the chainsaw react to an air leak, symptoms?

Dunno much, especially compared with others, but an air leak will have you runnin dangerously (catastrophically) lean no matter how much you try to richen the carb/H needle. You can also check by pressure test (not compression).

Usually a very durable saw. Are you having issues or just wondering. Very high rpm is number one sign of an air leak.

365's can have a tendency to leak around the inlet manifold around the carb connection. A quick blast of carb cleaner or similar around that area when the saws running will give the game away.

365's can have a tendency to leak around the inlet manifold around the carb connection. A quick blast of carb cleaner or similar around that area when the saws running will give the game away.

the original 365 had the intake prone to leaking. his is a special which has the clamp on boot. i've never had any major problems with a 365 special. the original 365's are a different story. still a good saw but i seem to see alot more of them with roasted top ends then the specials.

Back