husky 365 special

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fir

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an old 365 that I got from my boss today it is a 1998 365 special. Needs crank and cyl/piston. I was woundering if it would be better to run the single ring 48mm or the two 52mm. This saw will be a test saw for me any help will be great.:chainsaw:

I have several of these and three are still 65cc. I don't plan on changing the 48mm to 50 or 52mm. They run good as they are.

I have one that is 52mm that runs real good. If you need a new cylinder, this may be the route to go?

I have an old 365 that I got from my boss today it is a 1998 365 special. Needs crank and cyl/piston. I was woundering if it would be better to run the single ring 48mm or the two 52mm. This saw will be a test saw for me any help will be great.:chainsaw:
I forgot to say I want what makes the most power.

I have several of these and three are still 65cc. I don't plan on changing the 48mm to 50 or 52mm. They run good as they are.

I have one that is 52mm that runs real good. If you need a new cylinder, this may be the route to go?

Yep can't beat em we have 5 and you can't kill them.

I'm thinking with a 52 mm bore, they are 76.4 cc

You want reliability or a hot rod? The best route is a factory jug with a woods port from any of the good builders on here. The most power would come from the largest displacement engine that is blueprinted for the most power. From what I've read, that BB jug takes a lot of cutting to get the port timing/squish correct before it will out perform a ported "factory" jug. Then you have a potential ticking time bomb with no set time to go off. :msp_w00t:

will this be better than one less ring for power. If so will the 372/71 work well with porting.

I have not noticed a performance difference between one or two ring pistons. Though you can run a two ring piston with one ring or purchase an aftermarket one ring piston.

Both cylinders give excellent gains with porting. The 52mm bore makes excellent gains as well. The plating on a 52mm bore is softer than that found in a factory bore. The 52mm needs a lot more grinding to get it to perform well. When both the 50 and 52mm are ported correctly, the 52 will have a slight edge because of displacement.

Depends on your budget. It needs allot of work so will cost $$$ I have had decent success with aftermarket cranks and cylinders. If you go BB kit, get cabre rings. Maybe talk to Watsonr on here and get one of his top ends.

The Zama in question had a 17mm venturi (nominally), and the HD-12 17.46. Not a lot of difference, but maybe there are other differences as well? Anyway, it could make quite some difference to performance with a larger top end, as both really are a little small....

I prefer the Walbro over the Zama but to be honest, I've never had any more trouble with Zamas than Walbros.

With the 365's I cannot tell any difference in the way they run with the Zama or the Walbro

Latest posts

Back