Husky 372 or 575xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know when the 576xp will be on the shelves? I live in ne pennsylvania. I've also read some people are saying it will be lighter then the 575, is this true and how much?

I also bought the 575 before i found this site. So far I like the saw, but don't have anything to compare it to, because i never owned a saw this size. A lighter saw would definately be a plus. Deciding whether or not to sell mine and get the 576 when it comes out. Do dealers take trade-ins? I'm new to the saw world...but getting addicted fast.

thanks.....

bearing recall? this must have been USA only if at all. it uses the same bearing as many other huskys, so the bearing would not have been the problem.

lol... thats what happens when you dont copy the competition.

hows your ms441xp? :D:D:D

I dont own a 441 ..sorry nice try Kiwi.....

Ask me about the abortion 375K..........Seems the 372 was a good saw but fell down when converted to a cutoff saw....Looks like Husky rebadged the Partner K750 now and is calling it a Husky K750.........They finally pulled there head out of the azz on that one...

Last edited:
I dont own a 441 ..sorry nice try Kiwi.....

Ask me about the abortion 375K..........Seems the 372 was a good saw but fell down when converted to a cutoff saw....Looks like Husky rebadged the Partner K750 now and is calling it a Husky K750.........They finally pulled there head out of the azz on that one...

Sniff at the 5125 and 596.........:biggrinbounce2:

....and who do you think make the Partner cutoff saws.......

Last edited:
I had the chance to make a few cuts with a new 576xp at the Paul Bunyan show and as a 372xp owner I must admit the 576 is a nice smooth saw with good power and didn't really feel any heavier than my 372. The rep told me it has totally new engineering since the 575 and claims it has been well tested with no known problems.

bearing recall? this must have been USA only if at all. it uses the same bearing as many other huskys, so the bearing would not have been the problem.

HUSKY 575XP CHAINSAW
Posted by: AMERICAN TREE COMPANY, LLC from BEAR, DELAWARE on 1/2/2008
Rating:
55 out of 93 people found this review helpful
I PURCHASED 3 BRAND NEW 575XP HUSQVARNA SAW FROM A LOCAL DEALER 2 YEARS AGO. I OWN 13 HUSKY SAWS, SO I DO NOT USE THE 575XP EVERY DAY. I WOULD HONESTLY SAY BOTH THE SAWS HAVE ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF HOURS ON THEM. APPROX. (50) HOURS TOPS. AT THE 50 HOURS MARK BOTH SAWS DIED WITHIN A WEEK OF EACH OTHER. I TOOK THEM TO THE DEALER & ASKED WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE SAWS. THEY INFORMED ME THAT (BOTH) SAWS WERE BURNED OUT. THE CYLINDER HEAD & RINGS WERE DESTROYED. NO COMPRESSION, NEED NEW CYLINDER HEADS ($550.00). I CONTACTED HUSQVARNA REP. & ASKED IF THERE WAS ANYTHING HE COULD DO WITH THE SAWS. HE TOLD ME HE WOULD INTO IT & GET BACK TO ME. 2 MONTHS WENT BY & NO ANSWER FROM HUSQVARNA REP. I CALLED HIM & HE SAID "NOTHING HUSQVARNA COULD DO WITH SAWS, THEY WERE NOT ON THE SERIAL NUMBER RECALL LIST"? THEY HAD A BAD SET OF BEARINGS IN SOME OF THE SAWS & THEY WOULD BE REPLACED BY RECALL NUMBERS ONLY. WHAT'S UP WITH HUSQVARNA? THEY NEED TO STAND BY THEIR COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS. YOU GO OUT & SPEND $1600.00 IN SAWS & NOW THEY ARE JUNK AFTER 50 HOURS. I THRU THE (2) 575XP'S IN THE TRASH & BOUGHT A STHIL MS441 COMMERCIAL SAW. WHEN THE REST OF THE HUSKY'S DIE, I WILL REPLACE THEM WITH STIHL ALSO. (AMERICAN TREE CO., LLC)

Was this review helpful? Yes No

This is what I read on a review of the 575 on the Bailey's web site. and it says something about a recall, just curious if there was any more knowlage on it , or if this was just bull?

I THRU THE (2) 575XP'S IN THE TRASH & BOUGHT A STHIL MS441 COMMERCIAL SAW. WHEN THE REST OF THE HUSKY'S DIE, I WILL REPLACE THEM WITH STIHL ALSO. (AMERICAN TREE CO., LLC)

This is what I read on a review of the 575 on the Bailey's web site. and it says something about a recall, just curious if there was any more knowlage on it , or if this was just bull?

The guy should have went with Stihl first.

Yes, they did have a run of bad 575 bearings. I'm not sure what the total # of bad units were though. Some like 'em, some don't. If you are looking for a strato saw, check out the 441.

HUSKY 575XP CHAINSAW
Posted by: AMERICAN TREE COMPANY, LLC from BEAR, DELAWARE on 1/2/2008
Rating:
55 out of 93 people found this review helpful
I PURCHASED 3 BRAND NEW 575XP HUSQVARNA SAW FROM A LOCAL DEALER 2 YEARS AGO. I OWN 13 HUSKY SAWS, SO I DO NOT USE THE 575XP EVERY DAY. I WOULD HONESTLY SAY BOTH THE SAWS HAVE ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF HOURS ON THEM. APPROX. (50) HOURS TOPS. AT THE 50 HOURS MARK BOTH SAWS DIED WITHIN A WEEK OF EACH OTHER. I TOOK THEM TO THE DEALER & ASKED WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE SAWS. THEY INFORMED ME THAT (BOTH) SAWS WERE BURNED OUT. THE CYLINDER HEAD & RINGS WERE DESTROYED. NO COMPRESSION, NEED NEW CYLINDER HEADS ($550.00). I CONTACTED HUSQVARNA REP. & ASKED IF THERE WAS ANYTHING HE COULD DO WITH THE SAWS. HE TOLD ME HE WOULD INTO IT & GET BACK TO ME. 2 MONTHS WENT BY & NO ANSWER FROM HUSQVARNA REP. I CALLED HIM & HE SAID "NOTHING HUSQVARNA COULD DO WITH SAWS, THEY WERE NOT ON THE SERIAL NUMBER RECALL LIST"? THEY HAD A BAD SET OF BEARINGS IN SOME OF THE SAWS & THEY WOULD BE REPLACED BY RECALL NUMBERS ONLY. WHAT'S UP WITH HUSQVARNA? THEY NEED TO STAND BY THEIR COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS. YOU GO OUT & SPEND $1600.00 IN SAWS & NOW THEY ARE JUNK AFTER 50 HOURS. I THRU THE (2) 575XP'S IN THE TRASH & BOUGHT A STHIL MS441 COMMERCIAL SAW. WHEN THE REST OF THE HUSKY'S DIE, I WILL REPLACE THEM WITH STIHL ALSO. (AMERICAN TREE CO., LLC)

Just wanted Rope(and the other huskapullon guys) to see this again.:D

Back