Husky 372 vs. 576....why do people prefer the 372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBush

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am wondering why most people on this board seem to prefer the Husky 372 over the 576? I was thinking that the 576 was a newer design. Is it that the 576 hasn't been "proven" like the 372 or is there another reason?

I would venture to say it's because the 372 has been around for a good long while, and has more than proven it's reliability, and it's acceptance of modding. And of course that goes a LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGG way round these parts! :)

The 576, Is probably a worthy replacement, but it just hasn't proven itself. Hang around for a year or two and people round here will be bashing the "ancient" 372 and praising the 576, or 777, or 978, or 1179. Whatever the model number happens to be!

Just my .02

Murf

go to the dealer and pick each one up. they seem wider, taller, and heavier. like a 65L from the 70s compared to the 372. :clap:

For sure.

I love the 372, but i have been to the dealer looking at the 576 several times. It is a little more cumbersome but there have been some good things said about them from the guys that do have them. I think most of it is just getting used to the new. A little heavier, a little fatter and a little more power seems to be the way of the strato saw.

The 576 is probably suffering because of its similarity to the not-very-well-liked 575.

Of course Husqvarna fixed it, but it can take marketing a long time to recover from a faux pas like that. AS mentioned, after the 372 isn't around anymore and new sales have to be the 576, people will realize its OK.

I'm excited about the 576'er, the 441 as well. You won't hear me bash either one, even if it weighs .00000006 pounds more.

Now don't get me wrong. The 370-Deuce is a badass saw - ESPECIALLY when it's ported. Those 372's sounds so nasty... They're sick after being ported for sure.

But there's just something UBER nice about them new strato designs.

HERE HERE for strato!! :clap: :cheers:

People always like older proven technology over new fangled things, like people will always prefer pulling out over using rubbers.

I have both a 372xp and a 575xp. Virtually the same a a 576.
I find the 575 is smoother (vibration), and far more powerful. It uses gas like a biatch, but whatareyagonnado? I have many many many hours of use on the 575, not one issue. Same with the 372. Thousands of cords on both, no problems.
If you can stand the extra pounds, and the extra gas use....and can afford either...then forget the 372. Just forget it.

People always like older proven technology over new fangled things, like people will always prefer pulling out over using rubbers.

If that analogy is on target, the 576 hasn't got a chance! :givebeer::clap::givebeer:

Cale, "LOL" doesn't do that one justice. I'm totally losing it here!!! :cheers::cheers:

:laugh:

It's funny, but if Cale's statement is true then I'm in love with the 372 and hate the 576.

Well, actually..... I don't do either......

Er....uh...... Nevermind.... :hmm3grin2orange:

Weight, bulk, handling - and the legend status of the 372xp. :)

It is not easy to replace a legend!

Yeah.

I'm excited about the 576'er, the 441 as well. You won't hear me bash either one, even if it weighs .00000006 pounds more.

Now don't get me wrong. The 370-Deuce is a badass saw - ESPECIALLY when it's ported. Those 372's sounds so nasty... They're sick after being ported for sure.

But there's just something UBER nice about them new strato designs.

HERE HERE for strato!! :clap: :cheers:

Yeah.......... power to weight/bulk ratio is what what we should be concerned about, not so much CC to weight/bulk. The 576 does carry a LB plus over the 372 for a slight power increase though.

Now it would be interesting to see a 576 "tweaked" by a good tuner.

The 576 I handled felt as heavy as the 390. I know it says a lb. difference but I really couldn't tell it. Both had 28" bars on them in the shop I stopped at. I would like to run one though. If it is smoother than the 372 then it would be nice to run.

I was just talking to a dealer a few days ago and he recently had sold a 576xp. He was very impressed with its performance in wood. He also had ordered a 576 auto-tune for someone and was anxious to try it. Overall, I think the 576 will do quite well in the long run.

Meh...

Run both side by side and the 576 stands out as awkward, heavier, and only slighty more grunt on tap and absolutely nothing to get excited about.

I dunno how they did it, but the 576 feels like it's 5lbs heavier than it is.
The 372 feels like it is lighter than it is, and makes more power than it does.

If all I did with a 70cc saw was felling and bucking larger rounds, I wouldn't mind, but that ain't gonna happen.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Meh...

Run both side by side and the 576 stands out as awkward, heavier, and only slighty more grunt on tap and absolutely nothing to get excited about.

I dunno how they did it, but the 576 feels like it's 5lbs heavier than it is.
The 372 feels like it is lighter than it is, and makes more power than it does.

If all I did with a 70cc saw was felling and bucking larger rounds, I wouldn't mind, but that ain't gonna happen.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

You can bear down on the 576 and it'll keep spitting sawdust. The 372 will just bog down and stop. Like I said, I run both, make my living with them.

The 372 is lighter. And nimbler.... The 576 is verymuch like a 460 MAG vs a 440. More weight, and power. Makes a helluva saw for bcuking on a landing whre you don't have to walk,or if you have a 90cc saw that's broke down and need the saw to do double duty. I would take a 576XP over a three-seven-two anyday... But I mostly cut in 1 spot for several hours and a quad carries my stuff in and out. Or I'm running a cat busting road and need to cut some logs that would look nice... So I need an all-in-1 saw,and a 75cc does that.

The 576 will really shouw it stuff in bigger logns that would make a 372 run scared,doing the job like a 385XP... lol. But in essence,those are the reasons the 37deuce in more popular.

I chop, limb, and then buck on the landing with my 575. Good for the arms!
:greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

I use the little 372 for getting out of the occasional pinched bar situation, but that's all. Feels like a toy when I do.

Latest posts

Back