Husky 380 flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Winslade

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey team.

Just acquired a 380cd that i've converted to spark as the CD unit was buggered.

Question is i got a S model flywheel of a local (I'm from NZ) buy sell site but its missing one prawl as its completely sheared off.

Is 2 going to be enough or will it upset the balance?

Cheers

The only 380 flywheel I've seen had only 2 pawls opposite each other.
If yours has 3 and your starter pulley has 3 openings, having one pawl missing will side load the pulley against the spindle, which will make the saw harder to pull over and may wear the spindle.

The only 380 flywheel I've seen had only 2 pawls opposite each other.
If yours has 3 and your starter pulley has 3 openings, having one pawl missing will side load the pulley against the spindle, which will make the saw harder to pull over and may wear the spindle.

Ok cheers for the reply. Looks like im back to the drawing board

Having three pawls? Didn’t they only have two originally? It raises the question does the ignition and flywheel from a 298/1100/2100/2101 that has three pawls fit the 380?

Having three pawls? Didn’t they only have two originally? It raises the question does the ignition and flywheel from a 298/1100/2100/2101 that has three pawls fit the 380?

The 380CD Did have 2 yes. I've converted mine to the 380S using the S model spark ignition setup. So there fore i think it has 3 prawls.

As for 2100 etc yea i was hoping the same as even looking at my 380 then looking at my modern husky saws you can see that the design has just been copied year after year. My littler of my huskys the 236 is almost aside from cc rating an exact copy all the bolt holes and sizes are the same only modern uses allen head screws rather than flat heads

Back