Husky 390 value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats any saw worth.... depends on what shape it is in and the model of the saw, and just cause they look pretty on the outside it doesn't tell you anything about the inside, ( I buy a lot of 390xp's and 372's generally need a rebuild or some work done on them before they go back to the work force.

Condtion plays a part. Depends on location too. Like saws out west bring double of what I can get local.

I sold this nice 385 with FW and big spikes and also extra set of small and half wrap for 500 PHO

If you can get for 4-5 thats a deal in my book. Half of new, up down on condition.

h38532.jpg

whats any saw worth.... depends on what shape it is in and the model of the saw, and just cause they look pretty on the outside it doesn't tell you anything about the inside, ( I buy a lot of 390xp's and 372's generally need a rebuild or some work done on them before they go back to the work force.
$750 for the pair. 390 was recently rebuilt, 372 needs rings and a muffler...so far. I think I did ok.20230818_093709.jpg

ya you did good, full wraps on both as well- before you pull the cylinder off the 372 i would give it a vac-pressure test to see if there are any other problems with it.
Good point. If I'm replacing rings I might as well do seals at the same time...usually what I do on these. The saws were used hard but well maintained.

I think I would have gone for the pair at that price too... fair price. Should be easy to get them dialed in.
Mainly need cleaning. P&C look great from exhaust and plug holes. 372 has some blow-by so will re-ring that one As well as seals if any leaks crop up on tests. But, both idle fine, wOT is smooth, no surging. Already modded the 372’s muffler :p. Sounds mean 😀

muffler had a hole on top...patched that then made it a dual port. Love these older mufflers...a can with 2 holes...one in, one out.20230819_145343.jpg

Mainly need cleaning. P&C look great from exhaust and plug holes. 372 has some blow-by so will re-ring that one As well as seals if any leaks crop up on tests. But, both idle fine, wOT is smooth, no surging. Already modded the 372’s muffler :p. Sounds mean 😀
It sounds like they are even closer than I initially expected. A re-ring, vac test, maybe new fuel lines or carb rebuild depending on the condition. Cleaning... new ignition cover stickers perhaps?

It sounds like they are even closer than I initially expected. A re-ring, vac test, maybe new fuel lines or carb rebuild depending on the condition. Cleaning... new ignition cover stickers perhaps?
Might do stickers, hadn’t thought of that for these two. Definitely on the 61 I picked up and maybe the 268. Anxious to get the 2100 and 288 later this week. Both are supposed to be runners, but you never know… I have quite a few 2100 pts so should be able to fix up a nice example. Haven’t played with a 288 since the late 80s, :p. My wife thinks I’m nuts…
most will be winter projects.

Back