Husky 395 Ignition Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmyers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
395 not getting spark. Tried a coil that is known to be good, tried different plugs, etc.

Removed the kill switch completely (and wiring), tried gapping the coil and flywheel at several different settings. Still, no spark.

I have a couple questions for the experts here:

1. How can I test this coil(s) with a multimeter? I assume checking resistance between primary, then secondary, but exactly how is this done and what should I see for a reading?

2. What else could be causing this saw not to spark?

Any help is appreciated!

Ben

The kill switch is normaly open. It grounds out the ignition to kill the saw.

That is what I had always assumed. So the saw should run without any kill switch or wires.

Anyone have any other ideas on why it wouldn't be sparking? Also, how about testing procedures for the coil?

If you put on a coil that is KNOWN to be good, then you should have spark!
Use some fine sand paper on the flywheel magnets, get them CLEAN.

Hey guys. Just an update. FW magnets are cleaned, coil gapped correctly, and moved the plug cap. I am getting spark with the plug out and I yank it SUPER hard. Seems almost like some older 031 coils with points I have dealt with that would spark and run great above a certain RPM, but wouldn't throw a spark at low RPM. I have never seen this on a newer style coil- Stihl or Husky.....

I will figure out and update with whatever I find. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know!

Latest posts

Back