husky 395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certainly not in you guys' professional league as all I do is hack around clearing the woods up at my 6 acres of lakefront property in southern NH. I run Huskys; a 1987 266 SE and a 2001 3120 XP.

While I've never used a 395, I can compare the 4 CID 266 to the 3120. All I can say is the 266, at about 4.5 HP is a great general purpose saw. I can horse around with it all day without having back problems. I don't climb trees, so it's not too heavy. The 3120 is a different animal. I don't use it much, but when it comes to stumping and bucking 24" diameter logs, there's really no comparison to the 266. Having said that, there's also no question at the end of the day which saw I've been using. My back and arms tell the story. At 23 lbs (powerhead alone), it'll get to ya in short order. I don't know much about other saws like Stihl, but I would imagine that the 3120, at 120 CC's, is probably one of the larger production saws on the market.

I am sure a 395 is a fine saw, however i have not owned one. I do have a 288XP lite, 281XP and also a 371XP which thinks its as large as the other saws. You may get more use out of a smaller saw because you will use it more often. Besides "The way I understand it, when a sthil grows up it wants to be a Husky!"
Carter 311

Back