Husky 40 - need parts, where can I find them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob95065

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A friend offered my his Husky 40 chainsaw. It as low compression and he ssaid the piston and ring are trashed. I looked around Ebay and couldn't find any parts for this saw. Anyone know where I can find a jug and piston for it if it is worth fixing.

That leads me to the next question: is it worth fixing? Anyone have info on the saw? I haven't seen it and know nothing about it.

I posted to find info on it before I picked it up. My friend lives an hour away and I wanted to see if it was worth fixing and if parts were available before I make the trek to his house to pick it up.

Bob

Bailey's ?

I checked the # for piston assembly , Bailey's listed it for $40.36, listed cylinder too, but it was $200.
If I could fix one with a piston assembly, cleaning the cylinder, sealer and
maybe a few other little things, I would; There are recon 435's on e-bay
complete for $200, if the cylinder had to be replaced with new, it doesn't
look worth the money.

I'll give the same advice as I did the last time a Husky 40 came up.

When dealing with a saw that was worth $100 when it was in nice shape, it's well worth an air filter and a carb kit if that will fix it.

The good news is that Huskies have good value as 'parts or repair' saws.
Once it comes to stuff like pistons, I'd be strongly inclined to keep the bar and chain, and put the powerhead on eBay for parts or repair with a $25 starting bid.

Back