Husky 435 wont keep runnin

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What is the reason that I can get it to fire off and run for 5 seconds, then it dies?
I put in a new primer bulb, old one cracked. I set the L & H to 1 1/4 turns out.
its whoopin me

I did view it thru the spark plug hole and the top of the piston had carbon build up

OK maybe my carb settins are off. Somewhere I thought I read 1 1/4

I made sure about the fuel lines connection, good idea though.
So if I see some scoring on the piston walls, then what?

I made sure about the fuel lines connection, good idea though.
So if I see some scoring on the piston walls, then what?

If you see scoring on the piston- its running too lean- too lean fuel mix, air leak, or straight gas.
Simply pull the muffler and take a photo of the piston through the exhaust port and post it here- that will tell the story much better than words ever will and confirm or deny other possible issues.

I would have done that already if I knew how, to upload it anyway.
And I was just now workin on it and backed og the L&H to 2 turns out and it ran better but when I tried to squeeeze the trigger it died.
And for some reson the muffler housing was wet with fuel??

Is these readable?

Attachments

• IMG_1193 (1).JPG
    IMG_1193 (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    952.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1190 (1).JPG
    IMG_1190 (1).JPG
    966 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    862.2 KB · Views: 2
Is these readable?

Yep, that helps- front of the piston looks okay- back wall of the cylinder might have some "marks" up and down from possible debris through the intake tract- but those photos are a bit blurred- so might be nothing.
So the good news from that is, you have not been running lean long enough to burn up the piston and wreck the top end.

The fuel residue will likely be from many multiple rope pulls in an effort to start it flooding its way through.

Does shaft on the clutch side has some play?

If you are not sharpening its chain enough.....clutch side bearing become real hot (due to constant higher rpms).....and eats away plastic chasis part....and there you get an air leak...

Majority doesnt understand Romanian either....

Point is in the (moving) picture(s) :)

Where husqvarnas plastic 4xx clamshelfs have a problem.....and how he resolved that....

Althoug as he claims in this video.....that is just a temorary fix....because customer was nagging him that he wants that saw fixed no matter what....

AND.....btw....that guy is Serbian.....he is not speaking in Slovene :)

Latest posts

Back