Husky 445 Oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roofgunner

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm taking a computer break from cutting so I figured I'd ask a question. I have a new 445 and have run about 30 or 40 tanks of gas in the saw. I'm cutting green cherry and locust. The blade is sharp and the saw cuts just fine. I enjoy running it. Got it from Baily's. The oiler is putting out lots of oil when I run the saw free. I'm using oil that I got at Tractor Supply and when cutting small wood, 8 or so inches round it oils enough. However, when I sink the 16 inch bar into the locust or cherry that is 15-18 inches round and run it wide open there is NOT enough oil. The chain is the one that came with it and I'm not forcing the blade but letting it pull. It is not adjustable. I just wondered if it's the bar oil. Or should I try thinning it???? Any help would be appreciated. Would the Husky oil be better?

added syn tranny fluid

I followed one of the ideas on one of the threads: thin the bar oil with trans. fluid. The oil tank was about half full. I almost filled with syn. tranny fluid, then I tried it thourgh one of those 17 inch locust hernia makers. It did much better. Got to get back out there.

Latest posts

Back