Husky 445 or something else??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSG Medic

SSG Medic

ArboristSite Operative
I just mention it could be worse....could be ....TRACTORS! (Or more Motorcycles!) She see's the light pretty quick when put into that light! (leme see....couple hundred for saw "instant gratification"..or a few THOUSAND for tractor/motorcycle/quad/car/boat etc. AND it helps keep the house warm!)

My wife is GREAT!!!! I already have the motorcycle. SHE wants a camper or boat next!!!! I explained that the chainsaw will help for firewood for the camper

willsaw4beer

willsaw4beer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Then as someone else mentioned, after buying that 450....delete this site!!! If not, plan on having a three saw plan within a year....450, 372XP, Big bore hobby saw...maybe a Stihl

I just bought #'s 9 and 10 tonight. At one point I couldn't imagine running anything but Huskys and JReds, now I have a few Stihls and the ones that are together are all that they're cracked up to be (034 and 038 mag II.) Got the big 2095 to tinker and when a big log pisses me off. Got the Husky 55 that needed a ring, put in an ms290 ring and now she screams- that saw is my trusty work saw, great for when I get a property cleanup job and for casual firewood cutting. Plus a few saws that are torn to pieces. :dizzy:

SSG Medic

SSG Medic

ArboristSite Operative
I finally bought my new chainsaw!!!! I got a husky 450. It came with a bag, hat, extra chain and 6 pack of 2cycle oil. I paid $370 something after tax.

There are many like it but this one is MINE!!

This is the first chainsaw I have EVER purchased!! The others were hand me downs.

Already looking for the next one!!

Last edited:
SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I would sort of agree with SawTroll, I would try to get the 450 over the 445 also, I think it worth the small price diff. As far as the 350 I think its great two and you can find them cheap on ebay sometimes. As to the 350 being a better choice than the 450 I would say only because you may find a cheap one, as far as the saws I like the 450 just as good as the 350!!

May well be - but the 350 is a proven design, and halv a pound lighter - the 450 is a totally new design, but looks good so far.

andosca

andosca

ArboristSite Guru
just wanted to put my two cents in on the 445 because i have one. i got it because i needed a running saw in a hurry on a limmited budget and i didn't have anything that big to cut at the time. so i got a good deal on the 445($270) and put it to work limbing up some trees cutting down some small stuff and cutting a little firewood. obviously there's a lot of plastic on this saw, other than that the one nut on the bar worries me a little, i think i'll be tightening the chain frequently. power wise it's good and feels pretty close to the stihl 034's(56cc) i run at work, granted those have been well used over the past 15 years and are probably a little tired. it does feel really good cutting; smooth, lightish and well ballanced. i like it but i still need a "real saw for my firewood needs so i've got a free 266xp comming to me(currently not running) so i'm sure i'll need some help from you experienced guys in the near future. until then i'll see what this 445 can do.

mowoodchopper

mowoodchopper

Polar Bear
just wanted to put my two cents in on the 445 because i have one. i got it because i needed a running saw in a hurry on a limmited budget and i didn't have anything that big to cut at the time. so i got a good deal on the 445($270) and put it to work limbing up some trees cutting down some small stuff and cutting a little firewood. obviously there's a lot of plastic on this saw, other than that the one nut on the bar worries me a little, i think i'll be tightening the chain frequently. power wise it's good and feels pretty close to the stihl 034's(56cc) i run at work, granted those have been well used over the past 15 years and are probably a little tired. it does feel really good cutting; smooth, lightish and well ballanced. i like it but i still need a "real saw for my firewood needs so i've got a free 266xp comming to me(currently not running) so i'm sure i'll need some help from you experienced guys in the near future. until then i'll see what this 445 can do.

Ill agree with you its a good little saw but, the one nut tightener works pretty good actually and the main thing I disagree on , 445 being pretty close to a 034, no comparison in my opinion a 034 is a whole diff league!!

andosca

andosca

ArboristSite Guru
no 034 for sure

ha ha, i thought that might get a reaction like that and you're right. all i meant is that i cut stuff up at work with the 034's and if i take some home and cut it stove length with the little homeowner's husky there isn't as much difference as you'd expect. the 034's have already got close to 20 good years behind them and will still be cutting when the 445 is in the scrap pile, i know that. sorry

Latest posts