Husky 455, I want add an ouside dog to the saw, which bailey's dog kit is for 455?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atriuum

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know this is a basic question, but I would prefer to get a kit that fits and does not require me to drill holes (if I don't need to). Baileys has a bunch of husky dog kits, but 455 is not specified, other than what I think is the replacement stock single dog that the saw already has, which is very small and on the inside. I am sure someone has added a double dog kit to their 455 rancher saw. I'll really appreciate any recommendations as to which kit will fit well. Thanks in advance.

Link to Bailey's Husqvarna dog kits

Last edited:
Called baileys. The guy I spoke with said there isn't a kit for the rancher series. According to him best bet is to buy the oem husky kit and make it work by either drilling the inside dog, or welding the inside dog to the existing dog.

Is this the way to go? Any help appreciated..

I think anything you do for that saw will be a custom job. When it becomes custom, you can tailor it to whatever you want. I would say buy the smallest outside dog for a similar clutch cover, probably a 357, and grind it so it will work with the inner.

I know this is a basic question, but I would prefer to get a kit that fits and does not require me to drill holes (if I don't need to). Baileys has a bunch of husky dog kits, but 455 is not specified, other than what I think is the replacement stock single dog that the saw already has, which is very small and on the inside. I am sure someone has added a double dog kit to their 455 rancher saw. I'll really appreciate any recommendations as to which kit will fit well. Thanks in advance.

Link to Bailey's Husqvarna dog kits

I have seen them on Ebay. The last kit sold for $55 if I remember right. I"m not positive but I think the big dog kit for the 357/359 (544-2838-01)is the one he is using. I haven't checked them on my 455. Just went and checked it's the same. Edge & Engine site sponsor has them cheap. I think $5 or I'll sell you a set for $25.
Shep

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back