husky 455 up to the job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was showin off my new 441 to a frriend last night and he claims that his 455 will out cut it in 18 in. hedge I think he is full of :censored: but he is sold anothe friend said it isnt any faster than his 290 so i thin that answers the question oh well doesnt it take all types to make the world go round

also isnt there a nice pic of a cracked platic case in an earlier thred from a 455

NEVER buy power equipment from a place that doesnt work on them

Sure...but the 441 doesn't have the chain on...then again even without the chain the 441 would probably still cut:chainsaw:
My 55R is OK within a reasonable range...But I wouldn't want to use it on large hardwoods.

say what you want about the 455 rancher. it gets the job done. it pulls a 3/8 chain and 20" bar so good its makes a lot of saws weap.

you can cut hellza wood with it.

Helza wood? Is that anything like madrone? And didn't we used to have a member on here who milled with a 455? What the heck was his name....I think I've blocked it out.

na, its kinda like balza wood but harder.

:givebeer:

Helza wood? Is that anything like madrone? And didn't we used to have a member on here who milled with a 455? What the heck was his name....I think I've blocked it out.

Look like he got "married" (did California pass that "civil union law"?) and borrowed a 455 from his FIL... sure...

Last edited:
SAP, PAS, etc (Coveredinsap) but he was a joke!

wait now i was thinking about getting me one of those Alaska mills. i have some trees in my yard i need to take down and i want to build a log cabin.

:chainsaw:

:givebeer:

Never ran a 455, but my 55 rancher pulled just fine with a 24 " bar, semi chisel chain.Yes on hard wood too.I now have a 20" with a chisel chain and it will eat anything.A 24 " bar is not recommended for anything UNDER 50 cc's

24 inch bar and 50 cc?

No way. I would say 24 inch on nothing less than 70 cc. If you want to pull it with any kind of authority. jmho

Never ran a 455, but my 55 rancher pulled just fine with a 24 " bar, semi chisel chain.Yes on hard wood too.I now have a 20" with a chisel chain and it will eat anything.A 24 " bar is not recommended for anything UNDER 50 cc's

I guess your idea of "just fine" and mine are different. If you had ever used a saw bigger than the 55 with a 24" bar you would know the 55 was never intended to run that big of a bar. I know I own a 55 as well

The 455 is a saw that will get many common jobs done, and is easy to start and use. However, it is pretty heavy, and if you've used other pro saws you'll be underwhelmed with your rate of progress.

I guess your idea of "just fine" and mine are different. If you had ever used a saw bigger than the 55 with a 24" bar you would know the 55 was never intended to run that big of a bar. I know I own a 55 as well

I have a 385XP with a 24" bar.YES I prefer the 385 over the 55. YES it does pull better then the 55.But I did not have any problem with any lack of power.A 24" bar is NOT recommended for any thing smaller than a 50cc saw.And yes husky DOES NOT recommend using anything bigger then a 20" bar for the 55.After I bought the 385 I want back to the original 20" bar.Why push it. Cutting wood is just like sex.Its not a race,the winner does not always come in first,have fun, and try not to get hurt.:love1:

Last edited:
I have had my 455 Rancher for 3 years now and have never had an issue with cutting what I needed cut. It is a good all around saw but don't expect the performance of larger saws and eat your spinach before running it all day.

I have had my 455 Rancher for 3 years now and have never had an issue with cutting what I needed cut. It is a good all around saw but don't expect the performance of larger saws and eat your spinach before running it all day.

it's a farmers saw.

:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back