Husky 55 Bar Oiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How do you adjust the bar oil on a 55? I think mine could use more oil to the 20" bar.

SR

No adjustments. It is what it is.you may pull your pump and check the plactic gear to make sure its not worn out.

Well, that explains why i couldn't find an adjustment... lol

Thanks for the info...

SR

If its not oiling enough you may need to clean the oil pimp assembly and possibly the oil pick up filter.or you may want to thin your bar oil a tad bit

If you are a running an Oregon or Husky bar, try opening up the oil hole in the bar. I've done this to most of my Oregon bars and they move much more oil now. That little tiny EPA hole isn't worth a toot.

If you are a running an Oregon or Husky bar, try opening up the oil hole in the bar. I've done this to most of my Oregon bars and they move much more oil now. That little tiny EPA hole isn't worth a toot.
Thanks, i'll try that...

I skidded this blk. oak out today,

standard.jpg

And cut/split a bunch of it up today,

standard.jpg

I'm running an 20" Oregon bar and it just doesn't get enough oil to the chain!

SR

Try a new pump. My 51 oils like the Exxon Valdez.
That will be my next step, today i cleaned metal out of the holes in the bar, along with drilling the holes a bit bigger.

I want to see what that does first, as there seems to be oil at the holes, just not enough getting enough through to the chain.

Thanks,

SR

Back