Husky 55, good or bad??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Friend is going to sell his 1 yr. old Husky model 55, wants $200.00 for it, saw is in good shape, is this saw a decent one to have or is it prone to problems? I'm looking to buy another saw and been thinking about buying this. primary use of saw will be smaller trees / limbing, no real big stuff. Any opinions / help with this particular saw greatly appreciated.

If its in nice shape its not that bad a price. what could you buy for new for two notes? a 137 husky, boy there is a coin toss. If worse came to worst you could ebay it an get 150-200 out of it, maybe you loss 50 bucks you would lose more than that if you bought a new 353 the 55 has more power but not as good a anti vibe but they really aren't that bad. I don't think you could go wrong.

Nothing really wrong with the 55, but it is a dated construction, as indicated above. They have a rep for being problemfree and long lasting.

In that class, I would prefere the 353, which is the same as the 346xp, with another engine.

as long as your not trying to run it 8 hours a day your fine.
the 55 if taken care of and used for say your firewood cutting will last a long time and work great.

SawTroll said:
Nothing really wrong with the 55, but it is a dated construction, as indicated above. They have a rep for being problemfree and long lasting.

In that class, I would prefere the 353, which is the same as the 346xp, with another engine.

a 346/353 would be nicer but it is double the money in this instance. I assume money must be an issue here or he would just go to the local huskered dealer and pic up a new saw.

Buck

I've got the 55. I love mine. Just keep the chain sharp and you will be fine.

Jeff

Husky55

Kieth,
I bought a 1999 55 for $100. I brought it home and found out it had a scored cylinder, but it cleaned up great aand with a new ring and gasket set this thing runs very well.My other saws, S---L sit quietly on the bench as this saw loves to tag along in my truck.For thee money I think that you are getting a good buy, Ken

Latest posts

Back