husky 555 or jred 2260?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can share that I REALLY like my 2260,

standard.jpg

AND so does everyone else who has run it.

Every time we are headed to the woods, some one yells out, "don't forget Johnny!"

SR

555 is a large mount husky bar but the 2260 is a small mount. Front handle angle on the 555 is angled more compared to the husky but that typical between the brands.

need to find a replacement for the jred 2159.. looking towards the "husky555" or possibly the jred 2260 which are both in the same cc class. anyone care to share their likes and dislikes?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've had no problems with the triple nickel from Husky. Nice saw that runs in the 60cc class but feels smaller to me. And priced right. Husky has a 7 day return privilege right now along with rebates, not sure if the 555 is included though.

I can share that I REALLY like my 2260,

standard.jpg

AND so does everyone else who has run it.

Every time we are headed to the woods, some one yells out, "don't forget Johnny!"

SR

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you get a Jonny you will have a limited edition since they will be stopping production sometime coming up. The 2260 will have a little more nuts than the 555, is it the 2258 that is the 555 in red?

555 is the newer edition of the 359.2258 is same in Jonsered.

562XP and 2260 are same.All are 60 cc class saws.@$70.00 MSRP difference between models.562 has crank stuffers and a little more power as does 2260.
I had a 359 once.Cut great.

yep the 2260/562xp are the same saw... both excellent saws 555/550xp also ....I have the 2260 have ran both the 2260/562 series and I like..... the 555/550 I know are good saws... I have never ran them...... have a 2260 myself at this time.......... other saws you may consider the stihl 362 or the dolmar 6100 series ...........just to make it more confusing ....they are also fine saws ..I have a growing likening for the dolly's ...............

Attachments

• 20170204_141942_Burst01_resized.jpg
    20170204_141942_Burst01_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Either is fine, and there are good deals on both at this time.

The rub wth the Jonnys though, and it's indicative of why the brand is going away, is that the product is not as "fresh" as the Huskys because they are such poor sellers. I would get saws from my distributor that were already 2 years old when they came in the door. Huskys I receive typically average build dates within 6 months to a year at most. And if I load up on them, it could take 6-9 months before I sell them and reorder. Not important with saws like 2172's and 2188's that never change. But for saws like the 555 and 2260, the carb and coil updates are something that should be considered, and you may want to check serial numbers when buying them. The Jonnys in the pipeline are often built prior to the updates that in stock Huskys have received. 2016 model year and later saws should be fine, but even then I always update the firmware in those saws before they go out the door.

Either is fine, and there are good deals on both at this time.

The rub wth the Jonnys though, and it's indicative of why the brand is going away, is that the product is not as "fresh" as the Huskys because they are such poor sellers. I would get saws from my distributor that were already 2 years old when they came in the door. Huskys I receive typically average build dates within 6 months to a year at most. And if I load up on them, it could take 6-9 months before I sell them and reorder. Not important with saws like 2172's and 2188's that never change. But for saws like the 555 and 2260, the carb and coil updates are something that should be considered, and you may want to check serial numbers when buying them. The Jonnys in the pipeline are often built prior to the updates that in stock Huskys have received. 2016 model year and later saws should be fine, but even then I always update the firmware in those saws before they go out the door.
....hey bob , can you identify the jonny's buy serial # if they need coil, carb or updates or do you need to (plug them in) ?

Serial numbers will tell you when coil or carb changes took place. But firmware updates are a good idea on any of the older saws. Only way to do those is to plug in the saw. CST (common service tool) will instantly tell you if the firmware is up to date or not. If it isn't, just click on the update tab and that's all it takes.

Is this something to be concened about with an older saw that is running fine? Not at all. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Doesn't hurt of course. And I do update saws as part of a standard service. Kind of like every saw gets a spark plug and fuel filter. But it's not a big deal.

always had the best of luck running the jred's prior to the mid 90's huskies. early huskies the piston skirts blew off on two different saws back then! junk for the time I guess! so went to jred and had no problems. then in early 2000's tried the husky brands again to find a better power to jred! been there since for a main saw..... auto tune had a hiccup for a while and seems to be straight now.? I hopes the husky seems to be the answer to my needs as for now!

Back