Husky 562?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cutting buddy S**T talked my "primer bulbed" wizzbang POS 562 when I got it.

He said "I bet that high rpm saw just makes noise and then bogs when it hits the wood"

I bring my 562 every time I go cutting with him. Weird cause now he wants one cause "its light and man does that saw have decent power"

Don't knock it til you try it.

Fed up straining shoulder needlessly with multiple pulls on a cold Stihl/no purge bulb saw? I think I've figured the cranky starting 261 c-m out. (this technique *might not apply to standard carb version)

For the first 6 pulls in start position, just do it like you're squeezing a purge bulb (use a lazy ass pull with a don't give a damn attitude -shoulder likes this), then and only then, give it a hard drop pull and she'll fire up usually on the first or second hard drop. No use wearing your shoulder out until you've lazily pulled enough fuel into the carb - just prime these no-purge- bulb refugee saws with 6 lazzy-ass/don't-give-a-damn pulls at first :cool:
That was an older husky 261, sorry I left that out.
Glad you're getting something figured out :).

Ya I figured as much ... it seems even the older 261 needs a bulb :p
All the 2 series saws I've owned seemed like it would have been a good idea, the 3 series saws I've had/have didn't seem to be quite as bad without them.
Funny thing is my 7900/7910's don't, they fire up pretty quick. Would have liked one on my ported 2171 today, took more pulls than I wanted to do lol.

All the 2 series saws I've owned seemed like it would have been a good idea, the 3 series saws I've had/have didn't seem to be quite as bad without them.
Funny thing is my 7900/7910's don't, they fire up pretty quick. Would have liked one on my ported 2171 today, took more pulls than I wanted to do lol.

My used/abused work-traded 350 had no bulb, though it was a later model with the decomp, and fired up on the second or third pull every time. It also had a worn clutch-side seal that eventually disintegrated and lead to its ultimate demise when the bearings flew the nest.

God I miss that saw and wish I had known anything about anything regarding saws back then. So it goes.

Oh! Come on @Bret4207, live a little. Try something new, you may enjoy not having to mess with carbs (as long as your dealer has software). My 262xp costs $580 and gave $600 for a 562xp. My 562 is still here, my 262 is gone, 262 was a great saw for over 20 years. But like that 562 better. Stop by and run all of my primer saws 550xp,562xp for 572xp, may just change your mind, or not. Either way, as long as you stay on Husky side, you are on the correct side.

Where do you get them for $600 bucks?

My used/abused work-traded 350 had no bulb, though it was a later model with the decomp, and fired up on the second or third pull every time. It also had a worn clutch-side seal that eventually disintegrated and lead to its ultimate demise when the bearings flew the nest.

God I miss that saw and wish I had known anything about anything regarding saws back then. So it goes.
Just ran my little 2145 yesterday, fun little saw. It took around 6 pulls to get it fired up after having sat for a couple months, no pine or spruce jobs recently and I primarily use it for them. Got it out and a different chain on it, needs a little more off the rakers yet, since I'm taking down a good sized pine later this week.

I don't have an answer to that specifically, as I've had many of the same models that did not have them, then they did, the 351, 353, 346, ms200-201 are all examples. They do cold start much easier than their predecessors, and all the more when they have sat for a while.
Guessing it's most likely something that helps to get them started quicker, which could be more of an issue with a leaner running saw(epa regs).

I think it may be something to do with the lean set requirements. That makes sense to me.

I ran and worked on lots of 1 and 2 series Huskys- 181', 266's. 2100's, even some old 480s and lots of 141's, 46's and other homeowner types. I've owned 2100's, 266's, 365's, even a 66. The only one that was a hard starter was the 365 and that happens when it's carb kit time. Maybe a purge/primer bulb is an answer, but they just seem like 60's tech me.

And no, I'm not considering buying one at all. I've got over 30 good saws already and will continue to buy older saws that don't need a computer to diagnose!

Back