Husky 562xp vs Dolmar 6100?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James Miller

James Miller

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sort of, Makita has owned the dolmar brand(name) for some time (1991), in 2016 they switched the saws to the Makita name. So the earlier versions were actually makitas in dolmar clothing lol.
A sad day it was when the dolmar name went away. At least there not all that awful blue color.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Sort of, Makita has owned the dolmar brand(name) for some time (1991), in 2016 they switched the saws to the Makita name. So the earlier versions were actually makitas in dolmar clothing lol.

As I know the story you are right - except for the last sentence.

Imo, the Dolmar branded saws designed and made at the Dolmar factory always were Dolmar saws - and they certainly were NOT Makitas in Dolmar clothing.

What may be debatable is what the Makita branded saws should be called - I call them DOLKITA as long as they are Dolmar designs....

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
As I know the story you are right - except for the last sentence.

Imo, the Dolmar branded saws designed and made at the Dolmar factory always were Dolmar saws - and they certainly were NOT Makitas in Dolmar clothing.

What may be debatable is what the Makita branded saws should be called - I call them DOLKITA as long as they are Dolmar designs....
I here you buddy, but if I buy a design it's mine, you can say you designed it and take credit if you please although you have no right to do anything with it.
Now we are going to have to have some Electrolux/husky/jonsered/red max discussions to get that all sorted, coming soon we will see more of that.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
It was free so it could have been 10 different colors with stilavarna spray painted on the bar :laughing:.
To bad you didn't say you wanted a 20" lol.
Miller Mods 7910 with a Poleman carb and an unlimited 272 coil, and a Stihl mount cannon with adapter :sweet:.
IMG_20180412_082926815.jpg
Here's the smurf :).
MMWS 6421
IMG_20180424_154408324.jpg

James Miller

James Miller

Addicted to ArboristSite
My budget probably wouldn't have covered that one lol. A trip to Miller is most likely in the saws future but no rush as stock it will handle anything I'm willing to take on.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
My budget probably wouldn't have covered that one lol. A trip to Miller is most likely in the saws future but no rush as stock it will handle anything I'm willing to take on.
Mine either, glad I got it as a gift myself :D. It was a raffle and I had a pick, I tried to get something I wouldn't just sell and chose that bar. They really aren't to bad in price when you look at how long they last, but when buying their bars you want to be sure the DL count is a typical one unless you can have them made up easy as they have some odd DL counts on some of their bars.
They are a different animal after Carl gets done with them, pills a 32 great, mine also has the oiler mod done to it, and a mini tach on it as well as polished muffler and full wrap handle bar and the standard handlebar, I'm sure that makes it faster:laughing:.
I could have sent the one on the smurf saw, but I thought the husky bar was in better condition :).

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sorry to interrupt but that’s my reason for buying older husky saws. I’m sure the older huskys will still serve me well. I don’t want and bells, whistles, mini micro processors on my chain saws. I just don’t have the extra time to mess with problems.

What’s next water cooled chainsaws?

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I here you buddy, but if I buy a design it's mine, you can say you designed it and take credit if you please although you have no right to do anything with it.
Now we are going to have to have some Electrolux/husky/jonsered/red max discussions to get that all sorted, coming soon we will see more of that.

I was keeping that mess in mind when writing my above post - but actually many more than those 3 brands would be involved in a full discussion of the matter! :lol:

When you own all the brand names involved + all the factories, you can of course put any of the brand name on any of the products - the question is how wise it is.

James Miller

James Miller

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mine either, glad I got it as a gift myself :D. It was a raffle and I had a pick, I tried to get something I wouldn't just sell and chose that bar. They really aren't to bad in price when you look at how long they last, but when buying their bars you want to be sure the DL count is a typical one unless you can have them made up easy as they have some odd DL counts on some of their bars.
They are a different animal after Carl gets done with them, pills a 32 great, mine also has the oiler mod done to it, and a mini tach on it as well as polished muffler and full wrap handle bar and the standard handlebar, I'm sure that makes it faster:laughing:.
I could have sent the one on the smurf saw, but I thought the husky bar was in better condition :).
Since we already derailed this thread what tach do you have. I tune by ear but would be interesting to see what my ear says is safe.

Latest posts