Husky 575xp vs 570

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallegosmike

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Land of loose NUTS, Really Big FLAKES, and Fruity
Currently I own a Husky 455 rancher that is stock other then Oregon laser tip 20” bar and Stihl Rapid Super chain. I am so far happy with this setup for fire wood. Most of the trees that I cut are in the 16” to 22” range. I am debating about upgrading to a pro chainsaw. I want to run a 32” bar with skip chain so don’t have to spend all my time bent over while limbing and bucking. My local dealer has both 575xp and 570 saws. I don’t see much difference between the saws other then minor hp ratings and price. So tell me what you guys think….. :confused: :greenchainsaw:

The HP differences are not all that minor. The 570 is a bit of a slug considering it's weight.

Some even consider the 575 a boat anchor compared to a 372. You really need a 385 or bigger to run a 32" effectively.

Some even consider the 575 a boat anchor compared to a 372. You really need a 385 or bigger to run a 32" effectively.

Yes, really - but his expectations can't be high, considering the set-up on the 455 (20" and lazer tip)........

My guess it that the new 576xp will do it quite well with skip chain - but surely not the 570.

I really hope this thread is a joke!!!!
The 372/375 can be had cheaper than either, weighs less and runs circles around both of these saws!
The 455 is best let sitting on the shlf at the dealer! Just save youreself $100 and get a 350!!:monkey:

The 372/375 can be had cheaper than either, weighs less and runs circles around both of these saws!
The 455 is best let sitting on the shlf at the dealer! Just save youreself $100 and get a 350!!:monkey:

Sorry to say, the 350s days are counted in the US - the strato 450 is taking over.....

You might want to find a 372 and skip the 575/570 idea. I would not buy a 576 this soon either. Get a saw that you know has a good rep. The Stihl MS441 and 460 would pull a 32" fine.

You might want to find a 372 and skip the 575/570 idea. I would not buy a 576 this soon either. Get a saw that you know has a good rep. The Stihl MS441 and 460 would pull a 32" fine.

The 576xp (originally NE575xp) has been tested for a long time, and has less weight and more power than the 441.

I believe they wanted to be absolutely sure they got it right this time, and changed the model number as well, to distinguish the new version from the old so-so reputed one. :givebeer:

The 576xp (originally NE575xp) has been tested for a long time, and has less weight and more power than the 441.

I believe they wanted to be absolutely sure they got it right this time, and changed the model number as well, to distinguish the new version from the old so-so reputed one. :givebeer:

They can feed that bs to you husky heads all day long. Any saw from them with a 5XX number should be carefully chosen or go with a proven model.

This is my first saw and it was a christmas present from my mother in law. For now it is fine for firewood, as it works for its intended purpose. It will soon become a backup saw or loner saw...:chainsaw:

As much as I hate to say it, the 460 is one bad ass MoFo of a saw. I sometimes wish I could turn my 575 into one....

Turn it into a Dolmar 7900 instead - probably more rewarding........:givebeer:

Good night all - it is 0115AM here.....

Last edited:
Turn it into a Dolmar 7900 insread - probably more rewarding........:givebeer:

Good night all - it is 0115AM here.....

Okay so if there is NO love for a 575xp or 570, then how about a echo cs-8000? My local dealer can get me the power head for about $800.00 or so.... I am just looking to get a saw that I will not out grow...

I run a 28 bar, 8 pin sprocket, and full chisel full skip chain on my 575. Works really well. It's a smoother saw to run compared to my 372 and all my Stihls. I use it allot, it works for me.

I run a 28 bar, 8 pin sprocket, and full chisel full skip chain on my 575. Works really well. It's a smoother saw to run compared to my 372 and all my Stihls. I use it allot, it works for me.

I only run full skip chisel. I run a 7 tooth on my 372 and only up to a 24" bar. It's fast and loves the high rpm. Anything more than 24" and the saw works too hard. I have a 385 that pulls a 32" bar w/7 tooth. It seems to run a lot slower, but if you're into cutting large wood, than it's a better answer than a 372.

If you're cutting up to 20" a 372 is hard to beat. If you're cutting 20-35, than I use my 385. I lost a bar nut on my 372 an hour ago and automaticly grabbed my 385. It was a joke and way to slow in the 16" or so pine I was cutting. Heavy, slow etc. I raped it for a bar nut and put it away.

:angrysoapbox:
A echo? For real??????:ices_rofl:

Okay then what? I am not going with a stihl. There is one dealer in town and a giant ass to boot. The Dolmar dealer is a pushy ass... So its a Husky or Echo. I would rather go with a Husky. For the members posting on this post dumping on my 455 rancher. It does what I need to it do for now. I know it is entry level saw. I havent had any problems so far. I got 6 cords of wood cut with it and so far I am happy with the job it does. I have gone through two 72 vanguard chains and the stock bar(piece junk). I cut in dirty conditions so I upgraded to soild tip bar. The stihl chain was a gift to me.

I already mentioned it 2 times :censored:

Try your luck with the 575, you might get a good one. Make sure he is a good dealer, willing to accept problems and handle them, if they occur. Otherwise you might be better off at the Stihl or Dolmar dealer.;)

Okay so if there is NO love for a 575xp or 570, then how about a echo cs-8000? My local dealer can get me the power head for about $800.00 or so.... I am just looking to get a saw that I will not out grow...

GO ECHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT!!!!
Find another dealer!! Find two other dealers!! Dude for real!!

Husky 372. Dolmar 7900, Stihl 460. You wont outgrow any of them.
Go big, or go home. If you think the 455 is all that (I can build a 350 that will eat them by the dozen BTW), sounds like you might need to go home.

Back