Husky 575xp vs 570

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guesssing the laser tip is more or less a hard nose. I really can't see it being much of a differance in weight than a roller.

I have an 066 with a 36" bar and a 395xp with a 28" bar and I can handle the 395xp all day and not bother me, but after an hour or so I really start to feel it with the 066.

But remember it's just my opinion. You might love a 32" bar on a smaller saw.

The Hard Nosed bar (Laser Tip) I bought to replace the stocker is about roughly 1 3/4times wide from bottom to the top. The nose has more surface (profile) area then the stocker. I do understand that the stock bar in more safety oriented by having less of a profile for the upper half of the bar. Therefore having less area for kickback. It weights alot more!!!!

The Hard Nosed bar (Laser Tip) I bought to replace the stocker is about roughly 1 3/4times wide from bottom to the top. The nose has more surface (profile) area then the stocker. I do understand that the stock bar in more safety oriented by having less of a profile for the upper half of the bar. Therefore having less area for kickback. It weights alot more!!!!

...and steals quite a bit of power, because of friction on that nose - hard nose isn't an "upgrade", but may be a necessity under some extremely dirty conditions......

Naw, its fine, you just have to rev it some before you start cutting or it acts pretty lazy. Oh well, its probably better for the chain and stuff to warm up a bit anyway:)

As I said, theones that like them LOVE THEM, and will fight you in a death match:)

If you are using the stock 455 bar for comparison on wear, don't!! The stock Husky bars SUCK!! I'm not all that fond of the Oreagon bars, but it's an improvment. I have had great luck with the GB titanium bars. BUT the prices have shot up and I am hearing the quality is getting iffy on them even.
I don't think a hardnose bar is the answer, I cut in sandy soil mainly as well, I've never had a tip wear out, I always eat the bar up.
I'm 6'1" tall and a 25" bar and I am not bending over that much! Might be time to build a saw buck?
Really, I am not trying to be mean, but if you're back hurts that much, lugging a 575 with a 32" bar might not be much better!

I know that you were not trying to mean or anything like that. I understand the passion goes with owning toys. Whether it be trucks, guns, or chainsaws! I am just throwing out ideas and seeing where they end up with the input of the message board. I do understand that stihl guys will cling to their guns just as much as the Husky guys. Its fine to debate finer points of each brand. Neither brand if going 100% perfect for everyone. Most of the guys own both types,making me some what jealous that they have good dealers and the cash to pony up more the just one saw.

What DO YOU really think of echo saws? I like the manual oiler over ride that they have on the cs-670 and cs-8000. The simple fact that they have oil screens to catch junk before it gets to the oil pump.

:givebeer:

I am not really partial to any brand. They all have winners, they all have loosers.
The Husky 350 is the best bang for buck saw sole, PERIOD!!
The Stihl 440 is a legend that will never be surpased. The Husky 372 was a one of a kind saw.
The Dolmar 7900 will smoke both of them!
I like my 046BB, it's light, it's agile and will run with a 660 all day long.
Echo's feel like toys to me. Real plasticy and cheasy. Everytime I handle one I am afraid I will break it. Grab a top handle in the store and try to activate the chain brake, you will see what I mean.
I know guys that use them and are happy.
They are cheap, but there is a reason, try and get REAL HP numbers on the saws. Good luck. If you do, which I doubt, compare wieghts to other saws. It's less than impressive. Then look at the money you are "supposedly" saving and find a comparable model HP wise. I doubt you are saving that much now.
Here is a wild out of the blue thought. EVERYBODY has a John Deere dealer close. Go look at those saws. They are made by Efco, a bit heavy powerwise, but a nice solid saw. JD just signed a deal with Stihl, those Efcos need to be off the shelfs quick like. Might be a decent deal to be had if you don't mind getting parts off the net. JD will drop these like a hot potatoe so expect ZERO dealer support in the future.

Here's the thing. I bought a Stihl ms390 thinking it was the end all beat all and I would never need another saw.
I picked up a Husky 262XP at a garage sale. That saw was 2/3's the weight and easily had 1/3rd more power. It was a real beast!!! My life changed after that purchase. The 390 went to E-bay.
Buy a home owner class saw, nothing wrong with them, they work fine.
BUT, for what you are looking for and wanting, they wont cut the mustard for long, and God help you if you ever run a pro saw in that class!! You will never be happy again with you're saw!

I am not really partial to any brand. They all have winners, they all have loosers.
The Stihl 440 is a legend that will never be surpased. The Husky 372 was a one of a kind saw.
Echo's feel like toys to me. Real plasticy and cheasy. Everytime I handle one I am afraid I will break it. Grab a top handle in the store and try to activate the chain brake, you will see what I mean.
They are cheap, but there is a reason, try and get REAL HP numbers on the saws. Good luck. If you do, which I doubt, compare wieghts to other saws. It's less than impressive. Then look at the money you are "supposedly" saving and find a comparable model HP wise. I doubt you are saving that much now.
Here is a wild out of the blue thought. EVERYBODY has a John Deere dealer close. Go look at those saws. They are made by Efco, a bit heavy powerwise, but a nice solid saw. JD just signed a deal with Stihl, those Efcos need to be off the shelfs quick like. Might be a decent deal to be had if you don't mind getting parts off the net. JD will drop these like a hot potatoe so expect ZERO dealer support in the future.

Here's the thing. I bought a Stihl ms390 thinking it was the end all beat all and I would never need another saw.
I picked up a Husky 262XP at a garage sale. That saw was 2/3's the weight and easily had 1/3rd more power. It was a real beast!!! My life changed after that purchase. The 390 went to E-bay.
BUT, for what you are looking for and wanting, they wont cut the mustard for long, and God help you if you ever run a pro saw in that class!! You will never be happy again with you're saw!

We think alot alike. I also think the 350 is a good saw. Then throw in the fact that it can be had for less then 200 dollars and it's a bargain for sure.
I think the Echo's feel cheap too, but I also think they look cheap.
And I really want a 262xp bad. I'm just hoping that my 261 will need a p&c soon so I can have an excuse to convert it to a 262xp.

We think alot alike. I also think the 350 is a good saw. Then throw in the fact that it can be had for less then 200 dollars and it's a bargain for sure.
I think the Echo's feel cheap too, but I also think they look cheap.
And I really want a 262xp bad. I'm just hoping that my 261 will need a p&c soon so I can have an excuse to convert it to a 262xp.

Piston, clutch and muffler will do the trick on the 261 - cylinder is the same...........

:yourock: :rockn: :rockn:

Local Prices For Albuquerque NM

372XP would be the ticket.
But a 32" bar? It won't save your back.
For up to 22" you only need a 20" bar. You will find this easier on your back.
Start with this combo and take it from there if needs be.

Al.

I just got off the phone with local Husky Dealer. Here is what he quoted me for saws,

All with 24" Bars

372XP $759.99
575XP $819.99
570 $669.99

Looks like I am going to get a 372xp soon... You guys are giving me a bad case of C.A.D. !!! :cheers:

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with local Husky Dealer. Here is what he quoted me for saws,

All with 24" Bars

372XP $759.99
575XP $819.99
570 $669.99

Looks like the I am going to get a 372xp soon... You guys are giving me a bad case of C.A.D. !!! :cheers:

Seems like a no brainer to me! Start with a 25" and go from there.
I cut two cord of Oak today, one helper, shagged it all out of the bush. Ran the 046 four hours. MAN do I hurt!!!!
You will thank me later for geting the 372!!!

Seems like a no brainer to me! Start with a 25" and go from there.
I cut two cord of Oak today, one helper, shagged it all out of the bush. Ran the 046 four hours. MAN do I hurt!!!!
You will thank me later for geting the 372!!!

Agree, 372xp is the saw - a truly great one with the best reputation there is - and a true legend! :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
Back