Husky 61 Advice Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiOilBoiler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi,

I was at the Muffler Shop today and talk came around to chainsaws. One of the boys dragged out a dusty ol Husky carcase, stating "I must find the $200 to fix this some-day".

I opened my big mouth knowing a Meteor piston (which is all it needs) is only $50 U.S. and said "We'll get it right for you for a lot less than that".

I wrote down the tag details: Silver Tag 61 6262811

Saw is complete but jug removed, piston has a nick out of the ring land, no damage to jug evident. All good so far......EXCEPT.....Baileys state MPA PC1606B Meteor Piston only suits post '86 61's (this is 1986 according to s/n?), and ipls confirm piston changes as model years went on.

Any one know what fits what, the boys are really good to me there and i'd sure like to help get their saw back running without too much financial hurt.

Cheers in advance, Adam:msp_biggrin:

It looks like the saw is from 1986 week 26, which isn't quite "post 1986" in my book - but how accurate is that statement from Bailays?

Kiwi,
Baileys has a help thread here; http://www.arboristsite.com/baileys/

Get ahold or Grande Dog, he will be able to help you get the right parts including the pin bearing.

Thanks, will do. There is nothing worse than ordering parts for any machine on the 'cusp' of model changes, let alone adding the complication of a 6500 mile return trip if I get it wrong!

Scrolled through some Ebay listings, not our normal online auction option, we have TradeMe down here. Typing in Husqvarna 61 Piston gave me two AM options that seem familiar:
Meteor 61/162 Piston ex Greece from 'dandrikop'
Golf 61/162 Piston ex USA fom'Kafar85'

Any one had dealings with these sellers, good bad indifferent?

Quality wise, I know Meteor gets a good rep here, what about Golf?

If either of these two options are suitable it seems I might be able to do my good deed for a very reasonable outlay.

Cheers, Adam

Back