Husky 61 fuel line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kogafortwo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have my uncle's Husky 61. He passed away last year and I got his saw, a Peavy, a splitting maul, and a few other things from his tool shed when I stopped to see my aunt. I also got the last pair of work gloves he wore (that I know of). Funny the things you find meaningful, but these mean a lot to me.

Anyway, after some cleanup and a bunch of pulling, I got it to crank up. It definitely wants a new fuel line and filter.

QUESTION: Did Husky put a special part number fuel line in here, or can I just get some line of the right size from my local saw dealer? It's a plastic rear tank, gray/black top, Tillotson carb.

The line goes through an upper grommet that is not part of the line itself, but it looks like the line down in the tank might have a formed grommet.

Even if this is a special Husky part, I might be better off trying to make my own line than try to find the part.

ALSO: where can I get the outer bucking spike for this saw? Did they make one for it?

It's just normal line. We use the stuff that is curled up like a pigs tail, they are pretty cheap, like $5 or so.

The last 61 I did I had to pull the mounts loose to route the line and it took me a while.
Our mechanic showed me how to do it with piano wire, made it a 5 min job.

Latest posts

Back