Husky 61 no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motofishman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Inherited 30 year old Husky from father in-law. It looked and ran well, only used it a couple of times. I have 6 nephews that occasionally cut with me and they all like to use grandpa's saw. The other day it would not start, no spark. Replaced plug still no. Tore it down to crankcase, cleaned out handfuls of saw dust, oil, dirt, etc... cleaned and reset grounds and connections. Still no spark. I'd like to keep this saw in working order. Checked online found coil and ignition available and expensive. What usually goes wrong with these saws and where is an inexpensive place to find parts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

At 30 years old something is bound to give out. Look on the trading post. for used stuff.

Thanks for the replies, mine has an orange top one blue coil on the right side. Disconnected wire at switch still no spark. How do I determine if it's coil or module? And where can I either for $3.99

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Found a guy with a 266 and he let me borrow his coil for testing, with his coil I've got spark. Interestingly the fairly new Bosch spark plug from my saw doesn't make spark with his coil. Got a coil on order

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for hi-jackin´the thread a bit, i just have to ask this.

As we here, havent seen ever, officially imported 61 huskies , i am interested to hear, will the c&p fit to husky 55 as ive hear that they share the same lower end ?

Found a guy with a 266 and he let me borrow his coil for testing, with his coil I've got spark. Interestingly the fairly new Bosch spark plug from my saw doesn't make spark with his coil. Got a coil on order

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

clean all contacts with sandpaper

Sorry for hi-jackin´the thread a bit, i just have to ask this.

As we here, havent seen ever, officially imported 61 huskies , i am interested to hear, will the c&p fit to husky 55 as ive hear that they share the same lower end ?

They don't share the same lower end with a 55. They do share it with a 266/268/272.

I'm glad you got it figured out. I have a Husky 61 (was running it today) that I got about three years ago after my dad passed away. He was a dealer back in the day and mine was brand new (was a display in his shop) when I got it. Mine is the orange top. I just wish it was a little lighter...lol. Great saw but heavier than my Husky 44 (the one I use most). BTW, my 44 was brand new about four years ago.

Latest posts

Back