Husky 61locks until plu removed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llwyn

Reaction score
Husqvarna 61 1995.
Had trouble starting and thought I'd just flooded, she'd sat 2 years due to hospital stays. Spark plug wet, turned her upside down, pulls over to empty cylinder. Spark plug in, locks up. Cord very hard, cord releases several inches then locks, keep pulling and cord releases in jerks until all out. Allow cord to rewind, locks again. Pulled the muffler in case blocked (YT suggestion). No change. The spark plug is correct as per book and checked Husqvarna.New one tried , no difference. As petrol/gas evaporates but the 2 stroke oil remains, is there too much 2 stroke oil in the crankcase? She would turn over with plug in but not start then came back the next day to drain fuel for new and the lockup started. Was having problem with getting the throttle lever 25% catch to stay put when all this started plus I almost certainly over choked her. I've read carb adjustments can cause probs and this started day after I flooded her and after I drained fuel for new mix.If I hold throttle wide open with no choke so air should theoretically pass straight though carb to cylinder there is no improvement, still locks. Wondered if turning her to drain fuel caused carb to jam stopping air intake but with muffler removed there is a clear route right through. Next stop, unless you guys can help, is dealer and they'll treat it like Christmas has come early. Appreciate all ideas. New Stihl ordered but 6 weeks backlog.

Husqvarna 61 1995.
Had trouble starting and thought I'd just flooded, she'd sat 2 years due to hospital stays. Spark plug wet, turned her upside down, pulls over to empty cylinder. Spark plug in, locks up. Cord very hard, cord releases several inches then locks, keep pulling and cord releases in jerks until all out. Allow cord to rewind, locks again. Pulled the muffler in case blocked (YT suggestion). No change. The spark plug is correct as per book and checked Husqvarna.New one tried , no difference. As petrol/gas evaporates but the 2 stroke oil remains, is there too much 2 stroke oil in the crankcase? She would turn over with plug in but not start then came back the next day to drain fuel for new and the lockup started. Was having problem with getting the throttle lever 25% catch to stay put when all this started plus I almost certainly over choked her. I've read carb adjustments can cause probs and this started day after I flooded her and after I drained fuel for new mix.If I hold throttle wide open with no choke so air should theoretically pass straight though carb to cylinder there is no improvement, still locks. Wondered if turning her to drain fuel caused carb to jam stopping air intake but with muffler removed there is a clear route right through. Next stop, unless you guys can help, is dealer and they'll treat it like Christmas has come early. Appreciate all ideas. New Stihl ordered but 6 weeks backlog.
Sounds like a removal and likely a rebuild of the carburetor is needed. It would also be a good idea to pressure test the crankcase seals and vacuum test of the seals if you can. Just my 2 cents here.

Sounds like a removal and likely a rebuild of the carburetor is needed. It would also be a good idea to pressure test the crankcase seals and vacuum test of the seals if you can. Just my 2 cents here.
Trying to find a rebuild kit for the carb but it's a Tillotson and the link they sent to UK distributor not working. Will endeavour to persevere.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back