husky 61's etc with leaking tank vents - this might fix it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff556

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
the husky 61's and similar saws that leak around the fuel tank vent might have part #501 62 96-01 this vent looks like it has threads -they are not actually threads there just ridges to hold the vent in possibly on saws older than 1991 - i have a 91 and had to replace my vent which was plugged (no air getting in ) and thats what they gave me the part# above with the threaded looking end -surpisingly when i bought the saw it l;eaked around the vent also and low and behold it had this same vent installed -now when when i installed the new one it also leaked on me - so back to the shop i find and purchase #HVP 501 87 31 01 this vent has no threads at all it is completely smooth and the little stone goes in the outer end and is visible from the outside - man that sucker fit as tight as can be and after initial purdging from starting the saw - no leaks
apparently this is the newest version of the vent -no glue or silicones needed and no leaking when you put the saw on its side to fill with gas

note : when first installed it might spit a little till you run the saw and settle the pressure - after that dry as a bone - hope this helps .

Latest posts

Back