Husky Base Gasket Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokiebob1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a question about the base gasket removal - actually maybe several questions. I've read that some folks (some are pretty well known as I understand it) remove the gasket when modding their saws.....if you do this, do you use a hi-temp RTV in its place to ensure no air leaks?

Also, if you remove the gasket, you are upping the compression slightly but aren't you also shifting the port timing due to the lower cylinder relative to crank degrees? If so, should you open up the tops of the ports (or at least the exhaust) an amount equal to the gasket thickness?

I appreciate any thoughts!

You want to use gasket eliminator. I like the Loctite 518 gasket eliminator. Your logic is correct on the ports. There is a noticeable difference just by eliminating the gasket and nothing else.
Gregg

Thanks for the input-I'll use the gasket eliminator. My saw is the 353-I've read about worrying about "squish"--anyone know whether I need to worry about it on this saw?

Does it make sense to raise the top of the ports by the gasket thickness to keep port timing the same, or does lowering the ports help it?

It's awful nice that folks like yourselves take the time to help those of us less versed in 2 stroke knowledge!

Latest posts

Back