Husky blows up the aftermarket cylinder world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top sellers are always the 372's and 346's. But I usually keep a some "singles" around for other models like the 390, 357, 272 and such.

The 372 kits have some separation now. $50 more for the XPW than for the standard 50mm kit. $200 vs $150 at the list prices.

Sure Hope I wake up tomorrow and this is still real. LOL

I'm going to grab some dinner. Check in with you guys later.

How about a new list price of $105? (My COST used to be $170)

The rub here for some is that if you have stuff in stock, the new retail is much lower than the previous dealer cost. Nobody wants to lose $65, so understand that if you buy locally. I sell a lot of kits, so the few I have will get lost in the sauce. Also, a dealer needs to look at the new price list. If he's going by a list previously down loaded in his computer he'll think your crazy.
I take it you are a dealer?

The 254 piston is also nla. Do you have any or know of any available nos?
there is a lot who is NLA over there but in stock Husqvarna Norway-Sweeden.
And there are 242 parts who are in stock over there but NLA here.
I ordered 254 piston before xmas and confirmed that I get it, but very pricey, I can buy 3 meteor for same price.

The 254 piston is also nla. Do you have any or know of any available nos?

Reallly? I didn't key in too many of the piston numbers today. I'll go through the whole drill tomorrow. But if that's the case, then this is where aftermarket still plays an important role.

The hobby and DIY world here is way different than the real world. In the real world, if a 25 year old saw needs a top end, the owner buys a new saw. And even for aftermarket companies, the business case for parts is pretty much the same. Can't make parts if they won't sell in decent numbers.

Canadian dealers are greedy. Everything is so expensive it's rediculous. When the stihl pistons dropped in cost I expected to see it here. No such thing. It really is time to just order everything state side. Give the dealers here a reason the charge so much. A 372XT P/C here costs as much as a whole saw state side.
a cylinder and piston for the 353 was over 300 and i got after market farmertech for little over 50 delivered.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

there is a lot who is NLA over there but in stock Husqvarna Norway-Sweeden.
And there are 242 parts who are in stock over there but NLA here.
I ordered 254 piston before xmas and confirmed that I get it, but very pricey, I can buy 3 meteor for same price.
I'll buy one oem if I can get info on who to contact.

Back