Husky no can deliver...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16:1mix

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've had a long-standing itch for a new edition Husqvarna 346xp but it has evaporated since I can no longer buy one from Baileys by mail. I looked for a nearby dealer and that was going to be a 50 mile trip one way. A telephone call verified that it was not in stock and would need to be ordered. The price was higher and would be subject to Iowa sales tax at 7 or 8%.

I have decide to not make this purchase. Is anybody else 'rewarding' Husky for their sales policy changes?

Last edited:
Is anybody else 'rewarding' Husky for their sales policy changes?

no but, i didnt let that stop me from getting the saw i wanted. incase you didnt notice saw prices are goin' tru da' rooooof!

:mad:

just wait until the next gereration saws hit the stores.

I feel your pain brother.............there's not a decent dealer of any brand near me. I buy everything online. I like Husky's too, but if I were to buy a new saw it would have to be another brand - I absolutely refuse to deal with the idiots around here that call themselves dealers.

I would be very mad at Husky and would HATE to spend my money locally! :dizzy:

I said it in another post..

Just bought a PS7900 that would have been a 372 had Husky not changed the internet policy. Bailey's had an awesome price for the 372's for a while but I didn't have the scratch. When I had saved the $$, I was forced to see my local dealers. Prices were 130 to as much as 180 higher for the same saw....

Local Dolmar dealer was about 6 miles away, had everything in stock, was very helpful and knowledgeable, and had very good pricing. Done deal!

JD in SE PA

Oh well, I guess I'm different but that's what makes the world go around. I prefer to buy locally and support the local vendors. Plus, I like Husky saws. The reason I own so few is that the local Husky dealers place 1st, 2nd and 3rd as the most miserable 3 establishments I've ever frequented in my entire life. BTW, this is no small feat to accomplish. I've even been so lucky as to encounter/re-do some of their work. Mind you, I'm an amateur lacking a preponderance of ego and know I do better work, even with limited resources. All this is a long winded effort to get the point across that I'd do exactly what you've done if in the same boat. Buy on line when you could and if not, switch brands.

i know a dealer that will ship you one.

i can also get one from my dealer and i'll send it to you myself.no charge for my time.it's an excellent saw and so is the 5100.the husky seems to be better built.the 5100 will not outrun the NE346.they are very close though.

my cell is 860-916-3290 if i can help,Steve

Another option is to have Spike60 send you a 2153 Jonsered. Same saw as the Husky 346XP, better color scheme.

Thanks for the offers guys, but the 346xp program will have to wait as I started another expensive project instead. Of course it's not like I NEED another saw but this was one on my wish list that I was ready to act on except for the policy that Husqvarna has put in place. Basically, I'm PI$$ed at Husky. My 350 will get me through anything for awhile and then we'll see what is available.

If I needed a 50cc saw I sure would look at the 5100, but I don't have to have one right away. I never thought about the J'red alternative, that has merit too!

Later!
:cheers:

:angry2: At the closest dealer the 395 is $1200.00 for the P.H. only and the 3120 is a weed wacker I will not be buying any Huskys. Decided to buy a used dump truck instead.

"Husky does not make any saws with four numbers in the name.":censored: :angry2:

If you folks need to vent, by all means...but...

I believe (based on a conversation with a salesman at a Deere dealer that sells Stihl and Husky) that Husky considers places like the corn belt of secondary importance. Just not enough sales there, too hard to wrestle very many OPE sales away from Deere.

Not many dealers...not much market. And hard to sign up new dealers when most of the few sales in the region came from Bailey's.

If you folks need to vent, by all means...but...

I believe (based on a conversation with a salesman at a Deere dealer that sells Stihl and Husky) that Husky considers places like the corn belt of secondary importance. Just not enough sales there, too hard to wrestle very many OPE sales away from Deere.

Not many dealers...not much market. And hard to sign up new dealers when most of the few sales in the region came from Bailey's.

Excellent points!

All I can say is....."They had their chance and lost it." I have no loyalties, there is a Stihl servicing dealer 20 miles from here although he has a reputation for screwing people every chance he gets.

I see others have a similar opinion regarding Husky and that is what I was curious about.

:mad:

Last edited:
If you need warranty service, it's nice to have a dealer nearby. If you need repair work after the warranty expires, it's still nice to have a brand dealer near you, but not as necessary.

But if you think for a second that I'm going to give more of my hard-earned money to someone because they're "local", you're smoking something that came out of a lab. I've been screwed over many more times by the "local" boys than by anyone I've done business with over the phone or internet. If they can't compete, they can't compete, period. I bought my Dolmar from the local dealer because his prices are great. Yes, he's close for service, and has a stock of parts, but if his price was more than 20 dollars over what a saw would cost online, I'd probably shop somewhere else. We're teetering on the edge of a depression in this country, I see a need to spend my money wisely, instead of asking Uncle Dubya to print more.

And the whole "liability" issue is moot, Lowes obviously feels comfortable letting an 18-year-old idiot give "safety instructions" when they've most likely never run a chainsaw themselves. And my saw ran perfect out of the box, QA/QC should take care of any duds at the factory. So what's the argument for a local dealer again? Right. Husky and others need to pull their heads out and get with the program.

If you need warranty service, it's nice to have a dealer nearby. If you need repair work after the warranty expires, it's still nice to have a brand dealer near you, but not as necessary.

But if you think for a second that I'm going to give more of my hard-earned money to someone because they're "local", you're smoking something that came out of a lab. I've been screwed over many more times by the "local" boys than by anyone I've done business with over the phone or internet. If they can't compete, they can't compete, period. I bought my Dolmar from the local dealer because his prices are great. Yes, he's close for service, and has a stock of parts, but if his price was more than 20 dollars over what a saw would cost online, I'd probably shop somewhere else. We're teetering on the edge of a depression in this country, I see a need to spend my money wisely, instead of asking Uncle Dubya to print more.

And the whole "liability" issue is moot, Lowes obviously feels comfortable letting an 18-year-old idiot give "safety instructions" when they've most likely never run a chainsaw themselves. And my saw ran perfect out of the box, QA/QC should take care of any duds at the factory. So what's the argument for a local dealer again? Right. Husky and others need to pull their heads out and get with the program.

It really doesnt matter what anyone says to guys like you. There is no loyalty, and you will never get it from a dealer because you dont give it back.

You talk about us teetering on the edge of depression and then come out and say you wont spend $20 extra to a local dealer. That money goes to someone local, tax money goes to your local schools, police department, roads, etc. That sure helps out this "depression" you say is coming.

If you are so pissed at Husky, Dolmar and Stihl for doing this then go buy a Poulan.

It really doesnt matter what anyone says to guys like you. There is no loyalty, and you will never get it from a dealer because you dont give it back.

You talk about us teetering on the edge of depression and then come out and say you wont spend $20 extra to a local dealer. That money goes to someone local, tax money goes to your local schools, police department, roads, etc. That sure helps out this "depression" you say is coming.

If you are so pissed at Husky, Dolmar and Stihl for doing this then go buy a Poulan.

Touch a nerve or something? You certainly have an opinion, as I have mine.

Back