Husky 372XP or 562 question from a new guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not really a "quality" difference...hard to describe but you know it when you feel it. It's the feeling of picking up the 372 and instantly you know your holding a quality tool that will last years....now pick up the 562 and it just doesn't give that same feeling
Have picked up both saws many times & the 372 doesn't 'feel' like more quality? Just heavier & with more bulk...Actually the 562 'feels' much better.

I've done some freehand milling, but primarily cutting gigantic cookies which are then planed into table tops. The straighter the cut, the less work I have to put into planing
Most folks here will always recommend the larger saw, whether it's needed or not. But in the case of cutting "gigantic cookies" the larger saw is the best choice. A smaller saw will work much better for all your other uses!

Have picked up both saws many times & the 372 doesn't 'feel' like more quality? Just heavier & with more bulk...Actually the 562 'feels' much better.
562 just feels dainty and small when held beside a 372 and to me its just a feeling of a higher quality tool that instantly pops in my mind. Not neccessarily true but its what first pops in my mind

562 just feels dainty and small when held beside a 372 and to me its just a feeling of a higher quality tool that instantly pops in my mind. Not neccessarily true but its what first pops in my mind
The 562 is dainty and small in comparison, that's why it feels better in the hands. :)

Cant wait to get my hands on the new 572xp! Terry said "it's a 562 on steroids" in a post way back when he was field testing it.

Polymer vs all steel handguns. Many people intrinsically identify weight with quality.
Polymer vs all steel handguns. Many people intrinsically identify weight with quality.
Yes & weight has nothing to do with quality. I like a light gun to carry, but prefer a heavier one to shoot. Prefer a heavier tractor over a lighter one. Prefer the lightest chainsaw with the most power in it's class for my needs. It's all good though...

Thanks for the extended reply/feedback.

Trying to decide whether to minimize the weight on a saw I already own or buying a lighter replacement saw is the point of my thread. Y'all sold me on the 372 in the first place, so maybe this isn't the best forum to ask the question as most of the comments have predictably been "keep the 372". Not saying the opinions are wrong, just saying. I like the saw, but my back doesn't. That's all. No more no less.

Again, thank you sir and everyone else here for all the helpful comments and opinions.

Edit: this was supposed to be in response to Weedkilla's post on this page. Didn't load for some reason.

cutting predominantly lots of LARGE 24"++ cookies - keep your 372
cutting wood predominantly under 16" go with 550xp or 545 or 346xp
cutting wood predominantly under 24" with 3/8" chain and enjoy working with an angry beast - 562xp

Love my 562 - my 346xp stays on the shelf until I need to do some simple limbing (but then my 346xp isn't ported) - after getting my 562 I realize I'm not a big fan of .325 chain - it's just too dainty for my work.

Yes & weight has nothing to do with quality. I like a light gun to carry, but prefer a heavier one to shoot. Prefer a heavier tractor over a lighter one. Prefer the lightest chainsaw with the most power in it's class for my needs. It's all good though...

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply one was any better than the other, but to try to interpret fordf150's opinion. I have had and have plenty of examples of both. After getting over the plastic feel and initial reservations, I've come to realize that polymer does have a place in the gun world. All of that is neither here nor there, yet I figured it was a good analogy for something he himself said he was having trouble putting into words. :)

I like both my 562 and my 372 wouldn't give up either of them. Both have had the hands of magician's on them and they are bad to the bone. However, I spend much more time with a 346xp and a Dolmar 420.

Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard anyone describe the 562 this way. Do any other 562 owners share the same opinion about this saw?

It's difficult for me to wrap my head around Husqvarna building the 562 to a lower quality level than the 372.

S&W model 19 vs model 27. Fed a steady diet of magnums, which one is going to hold up longer?
I have seen 372s that were beat like a drum and still run like new. I have personally drowned a 372xp 4 times during a water removal. Drown as in underwater stopped the power head cold. Pulled the plug, dump the water out, fired up and back into the drink. If you are going to cut 10 cords a day for 15 years the 372xp (or an 038) is the saw you want.

I know the 372xp is a better made saw. Its just a gut feeling but I also think the 550xp is a better made saw that the 562xp. Time hopefully will prove me wrong.

S&W model 19 vs model 27. Fed a steady diet of magnums, which one is going to hold up longer?
I have seen 372s that were beat like a drum and still run like new. I have personally drowned a 372xp 4 times during a water removal. Drown as in underwater stopped the power head cold. Pulled the plug, dump the water out, fired up and back into the drink. If you are going to cut 10 cords a day for 15 years the 372xp (or an 038) is the saw you want.

I know the 372xp is a better made saw. Its just a gut feeling but I also think the 550xp is a better made saw that the 562xp. Time hopefully will prove me wrong.

Im kinda curious how a 550 is built better than a 562 ?

Im kinda curious how a 550 is built better than a 562 ?

Its hard to describe. Its just the feeling I get from the saws. Like I said, the jury is still out on both models. Perhaps the 562xp is really just too good to be true and it sets off the warning lights.

Latest posts

Back