Husky oil & gas caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know why other than appearance, but I always assumed the Husky 2100 gas & oil caps were identical. Apparently they are not and have two different parts numbers-the caps, not the gaskets. What internally is the difference? That rubber vent membrane on both my caps has tears...I can find no replacements other than used cap parts?

Kevin

I knew the oil cap on my 2100 has a vent on it but I didn't know the gas cap did...I thought thats what the tank vent was for :S and your right I can't figure an oil cap because mine is leaking and the gasket looks good.

I knew the oil cap on my 2100 has a vent on it but I didn't know the gas cap did...I thought thats what the tank vent was for :S and your right I can't figure an oil cap because mine is leaking and the gasket looks good.

I've got the same problem. My tank was leaking(long story) and after splitting and re-epoxying it, eventually it cracked at the epoxy joint and starting leaking again. So.....I secured a non-leaker used. Hate doing that, but oh well. Got the used tank and had three stripped thread holes where the full-wrap handle screws into. Replaced them all with Timeserts.....after making my own tools to avoid their $90 installation tool scam.:msp_razz:

Anyway, finally got the oil to quit leaking from the tank only to find that the oil cap leaks now, horribly, even with a new gasket. I might have swapped the two caps by accident, but they both have vents. I don't get it other than my saw is determined to leak oil.:frown:

Kevin

I've got the same problem. My tank was leaking(long story) and after splitting and re-epoxying it, eventually it cracked at the epoxy joint and starting leaking again. So.....I secured a non-leaker used. Hate doing that, but oh well. Got the used tank and had three stripped thread holes where the full-wrap handle screws into. Replaced them all with Timeserts.....after making my own tools to avoid their $90 installation tool scam.:msp_razz:

Anyway, finally got the oil to quit leaking from the tank only to find that the oil cap leaks now, horribly, even with a new gasket. I might have swapped the two caps by accident, but they both have vents. I don't get it other than my saw is determined to leak oil.:frown:

Kevin

I guess just turn it on its side :)

Latest posts

Back