Husky saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begleytree

H. sapiens moderatus
Reaction score
I heard from a new husky dealer here that the rep told him husky is getting away from electrolux, and going back to all sweede made.
Any truth to that?
-Ralph

Electrolux is a Swedish company, so I don't understand how getting away from them gets Husky back to being Swedish? Hasn't Husqvarna been part of Electrolux for a long time and produced some great saws during that time? I know my old 50 was an Electrolux-derived product, and I bought it in around '88 so they have been merged since at least then. My 262XP, the 372XP, and 346X, among others, all came out from the combined regime.

I didn't realize there was a problem.

Guys, I've always owned stihl, so the history or products of husky is outside my area. Just heard this, and thought I'd post it.
But I do have a 372 ordered :) It'll be mt first husky, although I've run the 372 before.
-Ralph

begleytree said:
Guys, I've always owned stihl, so the history or products of husky is outside my area. Just heard this, and thought I'd post it.
But I do have a 372 ordered :) It'll be mt first husky, although I've run the 372 before.
-Ralph

thats ok, i just bought my first big stihl 3 weeks ago. do you think an ms880 was a good place to start?

Heck yeah, start at the top. BTW, isn't that 88 going to be a race saw?
-Ralph

begleytree said:
Heck yeah, start at the top. BTW, isn't that 88 going to be a race saw?
-Ralph

my ms880 is a woods ported saw, it is basicly a modded work saw. it is fine to run tank after tank on a job. to race with it you just lean it out a bit and put on a bigger sprocket. ed also made a pipe for it .

I maybe wrong but I think I heard that Husky was going on it own sort of just for the stock exchange. they are still owned by Elect. but be there on divison.
This way you can see what the company is really doing , is it making money or losing money

Well if you like huskie's then buy some shares they need all the support they can get.
Then they will become musical saws being passed around and around to make a buck.

Mc Bob.

From what I was told Husky was one of the companys of elect. that was making money not loosing

outside of husky and poulan,electrolux charges too much for their product.i'm amazed saw prices are still as low as they are for what you get..

begleytree said:
-Ralph

Ralph, Congrats on getting a good saw! :)

twistedtree said:
...and I bought it in around '88 so they have been merged since at least then. ....
E-lux bought up Partner and Jonsered in abour 1978. At that point they had owned Husky for a while.

twistedtree said:
.... My 262XP, the 372XP, and 346X, among others, all came out from the combined regime.........
Not really conserning the 262xp, as the saws belonging to the 154 family (154, 254, 262xp, 254xp, 257 and 261) never were sold as anything but Husky.

begleytree said:
I heard from a new husky dealer here that the rep told him husky is getting away from electrolux, and going back to all sweede made.
Any truth to that?
-Ralph
What I have heard is that E-lux plan to place all their chainsaw making companies under Husky leadership, instead of having each and every one of them directly under E-lux..
I could very well be wrong though.:eek:

Back