Husky stuck in full throttle instead of idling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zack3894

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I own a husqvarna 445 e-torq. This issue I’m having is when I start up the chain saw it goes to full throttle with out the throttle Being pulled. I have check the throttle cable and it isn’t stuck. I replaced the intake from the carburetor to the engine. Also have changed the gas filter and replaced the baffle in the carburetor. Also when I was running it, it would idle when I sprayed carb cleaning by the intake from carb to engine.

The throttle is supposed to lock open when you choke the engine. After the coke is flipped off you have to squeeze the trigger and release it to unlock the throttle.
I understand that but even after that It will stay on full throttle instead of idling.

The four bolts holding the fined cylinder to the base of the saw under the top cover.
I check the cylinder bolts they where tight. I took off the cylinder and checked the gasket and it was good I even added silicone gasket around to help with a leak and it got better but still is staying on full throttle instead of idling

No I haven’t I will have to try that
I trued that and isolated it to the right side of the cylinder. When I would spray cleaner down there it would stall out. So I took apart the cylinder and check the gasket. Which they where fine. So when I re Assembled it I added silicone gasket to help with the seal it got better but still wants to stay full throttle instead of idling.

The saw is running full throttle because it is running lean. Running lean can damage a saw because of overheating and due to lack of lubricant. You probably know that but figured I would put out the warning. Also silicone will not hold up to gas as other sealants like Motoseal do.

The saw is running full throttle because it is running lean. Running lean can damage a saw because of overheating and due to lack of lubricant. You probably know that but figured I would put out the warning. Also silicone will not hold up to gas as other sealants like Motoseal do.
Yeah that’s why I’m trying to find the leak I think it might be the crank seal which will be the next thing I’m going to take a look at. Also I did use motoseal i don’t know why I though it was a silicone base sealant.

Back