Husky Upgrade Opinions Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4-8-4 Northern

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I currently own a Husky 350. I'm looking to upgrade to something with a little more power in the Husky lineup.

I've been looking at the 359 and others. But, it seems that in order to get a little more power, the saws need to be quite a bit heavier and have much more vibration. Any suggestions on getting more power, but not a LOT more weight/vibration? Thanks in advance.

well, 346xp/353 both got little more power than 350 (+mag cases since theyre pro models) and dont weight that much only 4.8/5.1kg...

4-8-4 Northern said:
But, it seems that in order to get a little more power, the saws need to be quite a bit heavier and have much more vibration.

Hmmm, that part of you statement sounds like someones opinion based on little knowledge. You can get a 357XP which is a significant upgrade in power with as good or better anti-vibe. Someone else with weight data may chime in, but I'm guessing the difference is insignificant. BTW, if you get rid of your 350, there's another thread here ("Noob needs advise", I think) with a guy who may be looking for one.

litefoot said:
Hmmm, that part of you statement sounds like someones opinion based on little knowledge. You can get a 357XP which is a significant upgrade in power with as good or better anti-vibe. Someone else with weight data may chime in, but I'm guessing the difference is insignificant. BTW, if you get rid of your 350, there's another thread here ("Noob needs advise", I think) with a guy who may be looking for one.

357xp is 5.5kg, so its half kg more than 353, but also got .8kw more power than 353... the measured vibes are bit higher than 350's but you wont really feel the difference thanks to huskys antivibe...

blis said:
357xp is 5.5kg, so its half kg more than 353, but also got .8kw more power than 353... the measured vibes are bit higher than 350's but you wont really feel the difference thanks to huskys antivibe...

Blis,
I knew I could count on someone to provide the numbers...thanks!

blis said:
357xp is 5.5kg, ...
Husky is pretty optimistic regarding the weight of several models, and the 357xp is the worst case, according to test reports by DLG and KWF. They state that the real weigt are 5.9 kg .......:(

SawTroll said:
Husky is pretty optimistic regarding the weight of several models, and the 357xp is the worst case, according to test reports by DLG and KWF. They state that the real weigt are 5.9 kg .......:(

well, those are powerhead only weights they give...

blis said:
well, those are powerhead only weights they give...
The DLG/KWF weights are with empty tanks, and without bar and chain - but with everything else in place, as it should be (= powerhead only).

Latest posts

Back