husky warrenties

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husky372

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i had the dealer fix my saw when i went in to pick up they were trying to tell me husky pro saw warrenty is only 3 months. but when he looked in the book it says 2 years like i was telling him so he calls husky and the say o.k this time but not again. so my question is what is the warrenty on them. they also say stihl is 3 months

I Think that if you use the saw pro. the warrentie is 3 months,
and if you don`t 2 years.
this I been told.

Mange

Last edited:
??????

I will go to a dealer here tomorrow and see what he say,
proberly the same.
Was it really in writing?
Mange

I'm still waiting for the image to arrive...

If it's the same as the couple of PDFs I've got here, that 2 year figure is for the emissions-related items listed later on.

What was the nature of your repair?

Glen

oil pump and gear wheel. in the manual it says anything that is not scedualed for replacement as part of matinance. i saw that come up quick enough and my computer is sloooooow.

I'm browsing on two networked computers; the browser is running on the faster, 466MHz model and the windowing/interface is running on a 233MHz box (because it's got a vastly superior video system).  Linux (all Unix) is rather cool in the way more can get done, and faster, on lesser hardware combined in various ways.

The thing that was so slow is my connection, though.  The image only got to about 85% delivered by the time I'd looked at two separate saw manual PDFs and posted my response.

That page states the 2-year warranty is for "any emission related part on your <i>engine</i>" [emphasis mine] under "MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY COVERAGE" and later lists the specific items so covered under "EMISSION CONTROL WARRANTY PARTS LIST" (note that parts which have a "maintenance schedule" period shorter than the 2 years are only covered up to that scheduled period).&nbsp; Chain oilers are nowhere mentioned, so would fall under the general 3-month(?) warranty (not discussed in the "EMISSION CONTROL WARRANTY STATEMENT").

Glen

you lost me on all the computer talk but i did like the fact that you could open 2 pdf files that quick it takes me forever. as for the warrenty it says nothing about 3 months only 2 years

rocky the gear wheel went on my 372. the saw was not abused ask dozer dan he had just worked on it it was the first time since i got it back that i noticed the problm. wanted to do the work myself but couldn't take clutch off didn't have the right tool.

Originally posted by Husky372
as for the warrenty it says nothing about 3 months only 2 years
I don't know what the general <i>saw</i> warranty is; I'm fixin' to look it up just now.&nbsp; Whatever it is, that page <b>only discusses the warranty on the Federally-regulated emissions-related components</b>.&nbsp; They <i>have</i> to do that as part of being able to sell the saw under the "Clean Air Act" (note that warranty is transferable).&nbsp; The stuff related to crank bearings/seals, chain oilers, clutch components, bar studs, etc. <b>is not part of the warranty statement you're referencing</b>.

Glen

o.k rocky but when i was saying that it had a 2 year warrenty thats where he looked then called husky. got it done under warrenty so i am just wondering.

Modifying the saw voids the warranty anyway, doesn't it?

My dealer warranties my Huskies for 2 years and he knows that I use them professionally.

yes modifing does void what is affected by the mods but beyond that no just becuase it's modified doesn't affect the oiler. and if that was the case with the big whole in muffler (i did the muffler) he could have pointed to that and said no.

I can't find any warranty information on any of their websites or in their recent catalogs I have.

According to the EPA regs, if he worked on the saw, he was supposed to restore it completely to original specs or he's liable for a stiff fine.

Glen

Originally posted by glens
I can't find any warranty information on any of their websites or in their recent catalogs I have.

According to the EPA regs, if he worked on the saw, he was supposed to restore it completely to original specs or he's liable for a stiff fine.

Glen
who

I'm not saying I like the regs or think they're even necessary in this application.&nbsp; That doesn't change the fact that they're currently in place and have teeth.&nbsp; In fact, their very existence would be enough to deter me from opening a small engine shop.

Who?&nbsp; The dealer/repair shop.&nbsp; I may be wrong in this case, though, if all he did was work on the oiler.&nbsp; See a previous <a href="http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=96251" target="_blank">post</a> of mine on the subject.

Glen

i dont see how they could enforce something like that:confused: what are they going to do unport my saw:rolleyes: they'd have one pi$$ed off customer on there hands if they tried. plus i would think it would be aweful expensive for them to do that becuase i'm sure the epa isn't going to pay them for the time and parts and i sure as he!! wouldn't so i think that law is just pi$$ing in the wind.

Latest posts

Back