Husky's 346NE Crowned the new KING.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Husky dealer have wanted to get a NE346xp for himself for some time (I bought the first one he got, and reported back on it), but yesterday he told me he still hadn't, as they sell much faster than he can get them in........:rockn: :rockn:

Last edited:
bookerdog, I just got a 2139 from spike60. I think Jonsy has a 346NE version, if so, I just gotta have one....as if I need it, with a ported Shinny 488, an ehp 5100 and 346, and a muffler modded 5100. His prices are way cheaper for the Jonsy than the Huskys which he also carries.

Who did your port work? a local fella? I'm looking for someone to do my 372XPW, and maybe the 6401/7901.....and my 660.....

I know they were stock troll. I was just wondering if you had tried the different chains out yet.

I haven't, but there are some indications on the site, that .325x8 may be the best option for a 16" ba, provided you use RSC or LP chain.
It will load the saw just a tad more than a 3/8x7, in theory....
I still had .325x7 (with 21LP) on mine the other day, and had to push really hard on it to get it down to about 10K in 10-12" birch - initially it wanted to run at 12K......

I haven't, but there are some indications on the site, that .325x8 may be the best option for a 16" ba, provided you use RSC or LP chain.
It will load the saw just a tad more than a 3/8x7, in theory....
I still had .325x7 (with 21LP) on mine the other day, and had to push really hard on it to get it down to about 10K in 10-12" birch - initially it wanted to run at 12K......

With a small bar is there really much of a difference between a 7 vs a 8 pin sprocket. I'm all set to go cutting with that 13" bar. Going to start with my 346xp then try it on the 339xp saw. My wife got a kick out of it. She said what are you going to do with that baby bar?

With a small bar is there really much of a difference between a 7 vs a 8 pin sprocket. I'm all set to go cutting with that 13" bar. Going to start with my 346xp then try it on the 339xp saw. My wife got a kick out of it. She said what are you going to do with that baby bar?
LOL -that bar came with my 346, but sure will suit your 339xp better. :rockn:

Ive got to get me one of those 339xp

Ive got to get me one of those 339xp

Bookerdog is this what you had in mind?

p101004603zs2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back