Husky's 346NE Crowned the new KING.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not if you timed it at the same time - if you reproduced that time AND tached in the cut you couldn't be holding it up...

I'd assume he has thought about this and found it doesn't affect the results. If you were using a half decent camera the mic preamp should adjust the gain so it won't clip

that would work except for one problem, i dont have the same piece of wood.

the camera is not mine and it is a cheapie.

:(

sper ho,

i will admit i didnt tach the saw in the wood with that bar and chain. i wouldnt think the rpm to have dropped that much with a 20" instead of the 16" bar.

i have the b+c on my 455 since the GTG sitting unused. i will test it this weekend.

Last edited:
The saw is not running as fast as you think it is during this cut...

wanab... having mis-guided ideas about how well his saws perform?..... that cant be right, surely?:popcorn:

i just whent out and burried the saw in a big ol' piece of red gum with the tach on it, same stuff as the GTG/video only harder, still a fair test none the less.

you where only off by about 4K LoL!

:greenchainsaw:

i just whent out and burried the saw in a big ol' piece of red gum with the tach on it, same stuff as the GTG/video only harder, still a fair test none the less.

you where only off by about 4K LoL!

:greenchainsaw:

Your stock 346is NOT cutting at 12.5k in the cut. That saw is tuned from the factory to make max power at 9-10k. In the video you are loading the saw too much. Thats why its cutting slow. I think he is pretty close in his analysis. Your video probably increased 5100 sales by 50%.

To get 12k in the cut you would need porting, compression boost, etc.

Bookerdog you will have to be careful running a 28" bar on that saw for any length of time, the bar studs were not designed to handle that kind of load.

Your stock 346is NOT cutting at 12.5k in the cut. That saw is tuned from the factory to make max power at 9-10k. In the video you are loading the saw too much. Thats why its cutting slow. I think he is pretty close in his analysis. Your video probably increased 5100 sales by 50%.

To get 12k in the cut you would need porting, compression boost, etc.

you lack of knowledge astounds me.

my saw is not stock. LoL!

also it blazed that cut, outcutting a stock 044 and 361. LoL! :censored:

im standing here with the saw and tach in my hand and your telling me what i seen didnt really happen??? this place is amazing!!!

:givebeer:

It's not worth it.:censored:

Bookerdog you will have to be careful running a 28" bar on that saw for any length of time, the bar studs were not designed to handle that kind of load.

I can see your point on that. This whole 28 is pretty much a test to see what she can do. I will watch the studs. Thanks

.... Bookerdog you will have to be careful running a 28" bar on that saw for any length of time, the bar studs were not designed to handle that kind of load.

I believe you are right about that! :cheers:

Btw, it is really cool that you sort of have "rejoined" AS, and is active again - I allways liked your posts and attitude...

Last edited:
When you guys are referring to running 3/8" chain on the smaller displacement
saw(s), are you talking about the 3/8" lo profile chain, or the standard stuff?

Running low pro would be a good test as well with a 28. I do run low pro for milling up to a 28inch bar.

Okay putting up a new video as soon as it loads to youtube. I tried to get it side by side with a stock 681. No go went to put a bar on the 681 and the chain tensiner broke. Crud the saw only has about 7 tanks through it. I have seemed to have alot of little problems like that with my old 7900 and now the 681. crud.

Latest posts

Back